Wish: Use FC switch to increment/decrement Cab number for auditioning cabs

CurvedLight

Inspired
As I am playing with my FC6- I thought that it would be handy to allow for hands free auditioning of CAB IRs if we could assign a switch to change CAB1 Slot1 IR slot value with a onc/dec command from an FC switch.

This could also be handy for selecting amp types or other things while creating Presets but as a way to go through lots of IRS while playing this would be very efficient.

Just a thought

A cool idea....

A different approach is to put the 'Looper' block at the beginning of your signal chain, record some riffs, and audition/adjust stuff while listening without the extra distraction of playing.

A cool idea....

A different approach is to put the 'Looper' block at the beginning of your signal chain, record some riffs, and audition/adjust stuff while listening without the extra distraction of playing.

@Moke - yeah I use that method when dialing in FX choices and parameters. I also use it for AMP and CAB settings but for trying to get a "feel" for a amp/cab dynamics response at higher volumes it is better to be playing. The above feature would provide hands free A/B ing while playing ....

There may be some way to setup a switch (or two) on your FC to send a CC message via the Control Switch Midi function to your computer via midi-over-USB. Then use the free version of 'Bome's Midi Translator Classic' to convert that CC message to a 'Keyboard stroke' command (mouse left-click, down arrow, etc..) to advance the IRs?
https://www.bome.com/products/mtclassic

There may be some way to setup a switch (or two) on your FC to send a CC message via the Control Switch Midi function to your computer via midi-over-USB. Then use the free version of 'Bome's Midi Translator Classic' to convert that CC message to a 'Keyboard stroke' command (mouse left-click, down arrow, etc..) to advance the IRs?
https://www.bome.com/products/mtclassic

@Moke - Great suggestion, I got it to work with 2 simple foot switches connected to my MIDI EXPRESSION converter and using the Bome's Midi Translator Classic. I translate one switch/CC with an UP keystroke followed by enter key and the other switch/CC with a DOWN/Enter combo.

I can use it to select CAB IRS . AMPS , and PRESETS -- Just select the page and PIN IT then let the switches select up or down .

THANKS for the suggestion !

Back
Top Bottom