WISH: Tuner and Pan/Trem subtleties

rnjscooter

Power User
So I noticed a few things when I began creating my custom layouts.

1. If I set the tuner to the hold function I also have to use the hold function to get out of tuner mode. It would be nice to either be able to tap it, or for that matter rap any other switch, for instance the main scene of my preset. I feel like that’s what I used to do on the MFC, just tap and exit the tuner mode.

2. The other thing is, and correct me if I’m wrong, but the block is called Pan/Trem in Axe Edit, but in the FC Controller menu it’s called Trem/Pan? So it was a little confusing at first, as I was trying to find the actual block to enter into the FC menu.

Small things, but just thought I’d mention them ;)

1. If I set the tuner to the hold function I also have to use the hold function to get out of tuner mode. It would be nice to either be able to tap it, or for that matter rap any other switch, for instance the main scene of my preset. I feel like that’s what I used to do on the MFC, just tap and exit the tuner mode.
It's set up so that you exit the tuner if you change layout, but not if you tap a switch. This lets you stay in tuner mode — which many people also use as a convenient way to mute during the gig — while you use other switches in your layout, perhaps to get ready for the next phrase of the song.

It's set up so that you exit the tuner if you change layout, but not if you tap a switch. This lets you stay in tuner mode — which many people also use as a convenient way to mute during the gig — while you use other switches in your layout, perhaps to get ready for the next phrase of the song.

Hmmmmm. That’s odd to me. I have always been of the mindset that as soon as I tap any other switch that I exit the tuner mode. Hoping that that could someday be an option

Yeah this threw me a bit - as the AX8 tuner comes out with the tap of any other switch.

You know what, I can’t really complain. FAS is so amazing that I know this will at least be addressed in due time. But in the mean time, this thing is a beast, and I am in love!!!!!!!!

So I noticed a few things when I began creating my custom layouts.

Oh wow, I didn't like that too. Always had to just hit one switch to get out of the tuner.

Hmmmmm. That’s odd to me. I have always been of the mindset that as soon as I tap any other switch that I exit the tuner mode. Hoping that that could someday be an option
Yeah, i used to feel the same way as you. In fact, during beta testing, I lobbied for the same thing you're asking for. Fractal went with this instead, and i can see the value in it.

Last edited:
Yeah, i used to feel the same way as you. In fact, during beta testing, I lobbied for the same thing you're asking for. Fractal went with this instead, and i can see the value in it.

Hopefully they'll rethink your lobbying, hehe. It actually creates more steps. On stage when I am in tuner mode it's usually 1 tap on the next song and GO BABY. This current configuration doesn't all for that at all:(

Just thought I would throw this out again. My kingdom to be able to tap any switch to exit tuner mode. Please Cliff??? Please??? ;);)

This would be great to have an option. I haven't spent much time on my FC-12 yet, so not sure what options are there. For my FCB1010, I had it set to when the Axe-Fx was on the tuner, hitting any other switch would send both scene change and tuner off CC#'s. I wonder if something similar could be done on the FC.

Back
Top Bottom