Wish : Sync 2 AxeFX3 to use loopers in both units

djidoe

Inspired
Is it possible to sync 2 AxeFX3 and use the looper in each of the 2 AxeFX3 (in quantize mode) in perfect synchro with the metronome ?

The Axe Fx can sync time to midi beat clock... There's no way to sync from one to the other as the Axe Fx doesn't generate a clock source.

You would need an external clock source connected to both.

I’ve connected an external clock source on my FM3 and AxeFX3 and the tempo set up correctly on both of the units... but their tempo flam, they not start at the same time...

note that sync to midi clock is a sync to 1/24th beat.. not to the beat.. so while a one bar loop would be exactly one bar, its start time depends on the looper rec button, not the relative beat of the song..
In order to sync to a downbeat (ie the "1" of a 1,2,3,4) the midi clock sync needs to respond to the realtime messages of midi start/stop... which is not in the spec of the axe fxIII

check out pigtronix infinity looper, boomerang, electro harmonix, roland rc505 for well respected loopers that sync to start/stop

I’ve connected an external clock source on my FM3 and AxeFX3 and the tempo set up correctly on both of the units... but their tempo flam, they not start at the same time...

That is exactly what I was thinking...

Would it be, in some way to make it work in the future ?

Back
Top Bottom