• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish WISH Suhr PT-100 based on custom audio electronics--P.Thorn, Reb Beach

symphx

Fractal Fanatic

wow I ran into this clip of Reb Beach, this amp sounds great, and we all know Pete Thorn...I triple checked because there are a lot of amps Ive never heard of in the axe. I dont see this one (its not the cae we have though I love that one)

Kriig

Fractal Fanatic
I've played many times. It sounded thin...... Then you hit the 2.5-3 mark on the master.... Holy S... Meat...

One of the best amps i've ever played.

R.D.

Power User
I'm not exactly sure when Reb did the vid for "N-Stuff" ? But Mark's was years ago using the 1st generation of the PT - ....

The PT-100 of today doesn't sound anything like that !

You'd get closer using the 3+SE and tweaking from there ....

Kriig

Fractal Fanatic
I've played both OD100 classic/classic+, standard/standard+, OD100se(2011) and PT (2012) side by side, trough the same cab. They don't sound or respond the same way.

I have not tried a PT from 2013 or later, so it may have changed and the CAE 3+SE is great, but not the same as the PT100.

If this was a POD and not the Axe, it would not matter much. But the Axe changes both sound, respons and feel. That's how good the Axe is.
And that's why i think there is actually a point to have all the amps in there.
That's also why i wish ;)

Heavyplayer

Experienced
All this time I was mistaken the CAE 3+SE for the OD100se. :roll I know, I know...totally different.
I just seen the Custom Audio...looked no further.

I'd take either amp!!

So +1 for me.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
All this time I was mistaken the CAE 3+SE for the OD100se. :roll I know, I know...totally different.
I just seen the Custom Audio...looked no further.

I'd take either amp!!

So +1 for me.
An OD100 is the head version of a CAE 3+. So basically you already have that since the model includes a power amp.

Rook

Power User
Off topic I'm sorry, but in the video at the beginning of this thread, how does Reb get the effect at around 40 seconds in. It is obviously the harmonics up a string, but it seems to be left hand only, like he is hammering them. Anyone know what is happening?

Cheers :)

Stevelow74

Inspired
Off topic I'm sorry, but in the video at the beginning of this thread, how does Reb get the effect at around 40 seconds in. It is obviously the harmonics up a string, but it seems to be left hand only, like he is hammering them. Anyone know what is happening?

Cheers :)
This is a tipical Reb thing. He hits the "A" string with his middle finger ( not a hmmer on just a hit and release , like a whip)
This produces a harmonic sound.
Check out videos of Reb live and you will see a lot of that going on.

Reb is one of the best out there!!!!!!
And his tone is beautiful!!!!!

So Cliff please PT us!!!!!

R.D.

Power User
Isn't there a Pete thorn TM and IR of the PT-100 and the SL-68
One other thing that I remember reading ....

As Pete & John worked on the re-voicing of the PT .... One of the goals was to make the gain channel sound a bit more "open" kinda like the
SL-68 .... The demo clips that Pete has done so far seem to suggest that John succeded .... Ch 2 sounds a whole lot more "plexi" like ( at least to me ) ....

I think Cliff has said that the clean channel is pretty much a basic Fender pre-amp design ( which also makes sense, cause that's what Pete wanted ) ....

I'm not so sure that I'd rather have the SL-68 moddeled ( especially WITH the Variac option ) ! :eek:

Top Bottom