Wish Setting to set default scene name when unnamed

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
Can we get a global setting to set what text appears in unnamed scenes? The default currently appears to be "Scene #". From 5 3/4 feet away, that looks like it might say something, which makes it look like that button might be useful.

I usually use a hyphen as my empty scene text, to make the screen appear more or less empty (with a hyphen in the middle), which looks a lot less like something usable. First thought it brings to mind is this scene in History of the World, Part 1:
no-entry-virgins.jpg
Virgins, deploy your no-entry signs. We are about to encounter men....

Uh, Joe, doesn't a preset when its unused say <EMPTY> until its filled? Scenes, though, by default, are blank as viewed in FM9-Edit, until they have text. You could, say as an example, write <->, or merely ---.

Not sure what virgins have to do with anything, except Madonna wannabes. And no, I don't wanna.

Uh, Joe, doesn't a preset when its unused say <EMPTY> until its filled? Scenes, though, by default, are blank as viewed in FM9-Edit, until they have text. You could, say as an example, write <->, or merely ---.

Not sure what virgins have to do with anything, except Madonna wannabes. And no, I don't wanna.
I think the scene label like "scene 5" shows up on the LCDs of the FM/FC and that is what he's referring to.

I think the scene label like "scene 5" shows up on the LCDs of the FM/FC and that is what he's referring to.
Well, yes, of course, now that I think of things. I think what I was saying was, you could change the empty scene mini-display name to whatever you chose as a custom name, whether it be something like ---, or <->, or ###, or ===, etc.

Well, yes, of course, now that I think of things. I think what I was saying was, you could change the empty scene mini-display name to whatever you chose as a custom name, whether it be something like ---, or <->, or ###, or ===, etc.
We already know this... That's why this wish was created - to be able to set a default value to be displayed when a scene is not mashed within a preset.

We already know this... That's why this wish was created - to be able to set a default value to be displayed when a scene is not mashed within a preset.
OK. It might be more convenient and save time if there were a default replacement value. I think I kinda misread the intent of the original post. You've cleared things up.

Yes. One can manually change each, but it would be nice to be able to specify a text string for the empty scenes as a default global setting. :)
For example, if a global setting weren't possible, a text copy and paste feature for the mini-display...

For example, if a global setting weren't possible, a text copy and paste feature for the mini-display...
The computer OS provides a good enough copy/paste facility. The requests lies in having to go through 140 or so presets to zap out the empty scenes so that they don't say "Scene #" via a manual copy/paste process when I'd really rather just play my guitar and let the machine handle it.

The computer OS provides a good enough copy/paste facility. The requests lies in having to go through 140 or so presets to zap out the empty scenes so that they don't say "Scene #" via a manual copy/paste process when I'd really rather just play my guitar and let the machine handle it.
Well, that's reassuring. I wasn't sure if the Mac OS (just upgraded to Monterey) would allow copy-paste within FM9-Edit or not.

My Mac has reached an impasse with Monterey...the screen saver somehow doesn't display the Photo library folder I'd selected. The images display in the small view screen window, but don't cycle as they should. When the screensaver starts up, the entire screen goes dark, except for a small orange dot in the upper right corner.

Will need to check with AppleCare tomorrow...

Well, that's reassuring. I wasn't sure if the Mac OS (just upgraded to Monterey) would allow copy-paste within FM9-Edit or not.

Works fine here, but I am still on Big Sur. I usually wait until the first round of bugfixes to upgrade OS....

My Mac has reached an impasse with Monterey...the screen saver somehow doesn't display the Photo library folder I'd selected. The images display in the small view screen window, but don't cycle as they should. When the screensaver starts up, the entire screen goes dark, except for a small orange dot in the upper right corner.

Good luck!

Good luck!
Apple has stated that there is a known OS bug regards the Monterey screensaver. Some screensavers work, others don't. If enough folks call in and report this problem to AppleCare, their R&D team will more quickly work on a bug fix.

I've currently got album artwork as my screensaver, but Photo Library folders aren't working correctly in Monterey 12.0.1 screensaver.

Back
Top Bottom