WISH: "Send MIDI function"

Hi, sorry for the delay but I've been out of country since i was here last.
The bottom line is, i want to plug an external pedal into the FC and have it send information out the midi out or thru of the axe 111. I then use Bome's Midi Translator on my laptop to convert that to whatever I want.
I apologize if I'm not clear.
Can i send ANY information out of the 3's midi ports from an external pedal plugged into the fc.

Thanks for your patience

@hoots - two seperate issues

> Can i send ANY information out of the 3's midi ports

Yes, but only 6 predefined CC/PCs from the Control Switches - but then you couldn't use the control switches for anything else. And 6 is a small number.

> from an external pedal plugged into the fc.

...nope. External pedals plugged into the FCX can't trigger a lot of things, CS/MIDI being one of them

Hello,

I finally got my FC12 yeahhhhh :) . I am working on my setup and I am stuck not being able to send enough midi messages to external gear. It is a bit frustrating for me since the FC is just amazing for everything else. Having only the 6 CS to send midi messages on a switch press is very limiting, specially since the midi messages are set globally. I know there is the scene midi block but I need to send midi messages independently of scene changes.

I see 3 ways this could be improved :

-Adding more CS
-Having a new switch function "midi switch" that would send simple midi commands as described by post onwer
-Make the CS midi commands set on a preset basis

I feel that adding more CS would be the easiest way since they are already there and implemented.
I really hope something can be done.

I’m trying to do something similar. I added a CS to send a CC toggle. If I evoke the CS, then turn it on, it gets re-engaged every scene change within that preset. Have you experienced the same?

Hi, sorry for the delay but I've been out of country since i was here last.
The bottom line is, i want to plug an external pedal into the FC and have it send information out the midi out or thru of the axe 111. I then use Bome's Midi Translator on my laptop to convert that to whatever I want.
I apologize if I'm not clear.
Can i send ANY information out of the 3's midi ports from an external pedal plugged into the fc.

Thanks for your patience
It sounds like you want full fledged midi controller functionality. I needed to do the same to control a DAW and other gear, so I went with an actual MIDI controller instead.
That being said, the AXE has 6 CS and you can use that to send midi out. Assign the CS to the FC stand-in switches so you can use your external pedal.

Just ran into this limitation as well. Really disappointed that there isn't a more robust feature set here. My setup is using the FC-12 and Axe III to control an RJM Effects Gizmo. I want to have a scene/layout where each footswitch controls a different loop, stompbox style. With only 6 control switches, I'm limited to choosing only 6 of the Effects Gizmo's loops. And the fact that they are globally assigned is really suboptimal - I'm committing to which loops I want to control not just for a preset or scene but for the entire setup?

Having more (12) control switches available would help for this particular use case, but mapping the MIDI function to a control switch is very clunky and not intuitive at all. I would really appreciate just having a "send MIDI" function for a footswitch as the OP suggests.

Back
Top Bottom