Wish - Scrolling Scribble Name

rtcook

Experienced
Is it possible? May of my names are longer than the scribble name allows. Maybe a toggle for scroll or not for others that do not wish this?

Constantly scrolling? Scrolls after a few seconds then stops, then scrolls again? Scrolls once only?

I personally wouldn’t use this. I want to glance and know, not wait and read every switch while on stage.

I thought of this a while back, but then I had the same thoughts as Chris.

I guess in some situations it could be useful.

That's why I suggested a toggle on/off or maybe on/off/scroll once/scroll continuous. I knew not everyone would want this. It would be useful for me.

For example I used to prefix my presets with KK but it was confusing on the scribble strips so I just made it a suffix instead. Now I can still see them in the editor browser and use it in a search but it doesn’t distract me on the FC.

For scenes say I had Clean and Clean Boost, I’d just rename to Boost Clean or something to make it easier to spot at a glance.

Clean, Boost, Intro, Rhythm, Lead, Outro are all easily handled by the current character limitation shown on the scribble name. But, what if you save presets by song title? How would you save "You've Got Another Thing Coming" so it recognizable? I'm not asking for a change to what is already there. I'm asking for toggle options... scroll, scroll once, scroll continuous, as well as none or off. Simple. Everyone gets what they want.

Good question, but I probably wouldn’t want to wait around long enough for a name that long to scroll by to check if it was the right one either. More likely I’d have it organized in a way I’d be able to find it if I needed random access.

I bet you play out. I don't. That's why this is more geared towards a home player than gigging musician.

Not a bad idea and couldn’t hurt, but given the small size, I don’t think I’d find it too enjoyable to wait for small text to scroll by, especially long song names.

Still not a bad option though

Right now we only have one field for the preset label which is also used by the scribble strip. Making it toggle scrollable for some various options would help or a second field the length of the scribble strip to have a secondary shortened preset name for the FC.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom