WISH: Option for alternate Switch Ring Color for active/inactive scenes and effects

Home Skillet

Inspired
I'm not sure if this is possible but this would make it easier when glancing at the controller and indicating which Scene or Effects are active. For example, on the MFC-101 red indicated inactive, and green indicated active. I understand that on the FC-6/12 dim is inactive and bright is inactive, this works well if I'm constantly looking down at the board. I'm imagining this would be a little more difficult when performing live when I'm looking up for most of the time and then readjusting my eyes when I look down and it's time to activate or deactivate a function. Just an option that I hope would be considered. Thanks.

btw, I'm having so much fun programming this thing. You all hit it out of the park on this one. Thank you FAS Team!

We already have an indication of which effects (blocks) are active. If it's engaged, it's bright. If it's bypassed, it's dim.

As far as "active" scenes goes, how would the Axe know whether a scene is "active?" By "active," I'm guessing that you mean a scene you want to use. That would require a new mind-reading function. :) All eight scenes are active and available all the time.

Reading comprehension :rolleyes:

Anyway OP, I think this is a great idea. On the RJM GT's you can set whatever color you want for active and inactive. So for example, for effects, maybe dim blue for inactive and bright blue for active is fine, but for scenes you can do dim red for inactive and bright green for active. And so on. This allowed each users to setup things in a way that would work visually for them and wasn't really too much work on the setup end since every function came with a default color scheme that you could leave alone unless you wanted to make a change.

Austin

Instead of "dim" just turn it off. no confusion that way. If a preset, scene or effect is not in use or active, it's OFF. Stomp it and have whatever color you want

Instead of "dim" just turn it off. no confusion that way. If a preset, scene or effect is not in use or active, it's OFF. Stomp it and have whatever color you want
I could do that but what about presets where I have certain effects blocks available or unavailable? I just prefer to think less when I'm playing live I guess :p. I would set all inactive states = red, active scene = blue, active effect = green, or something like that.

I'm not familiar with the RJM GT's but @atquinn described exactly what I'm going for. Or at least to see if it's possible with the FC's.

You can adjust the brightness of both states of the LEDs. That doesn't help with your different colors wish of course but I found it to be very helpful with rooms of differing brightness.

Very nice to hear this. Thank you on behalf of the entire team.

My FC12 sat in the box since Monday because I thought here I go learning to set up "another" foot controller (AX8 and AX8 edit spoiled me) . Not aimed at fas but at foot controllers and my past experiences. Plus when you get old patience seems to disappear.

After spending a few minutes experimenting and resetting to factory defaults once it was actually a very pleasant experience. Big thanks FAS!

I have no problems telling what is active or inactive as it is.

I have problems seeing the difference between some colors. On the FC-12 the green and yellow look exactly the same to me; and the red and orange look exactly the same to me; and the blue and purple look exactly the same to me. Despite this I still have no problems telling if something is active or inactive on the FC-12.

Last edited:
I’d vote for any and all options if possible

On color, off color

Bright, dim

Lit, not lit

On color bright, off color dim

Etc

I think some could be more confusing than helpful, but if you want green on, yellow off, etc. more power to ya

Flexibility is always nice to have.

You can adjust the brightness of both states of the LEDs. That doesn't help with your different colors wish of course but I found it to be very helpful with rooms of differing brightness.

Just tested this. Changing 'Ring Intensity - Dim' value from 7% to 1% makes a big difference. I imagine they could eventually add 0% to turn them off. But anyway...

On a side note, the FC global intensity feature is great. I was initally concerned that on some very dark stages all of the LED's lit up in different colors might be too much. But now having the ability to adjust it based on the lighting level from gig to gig is a killer feature. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom