WISH: One-Tap Tuner Bypass if set as "Hold" function.

Ugly Bunny

Power User
I set a button to do both tap tempo (for tap) and tuner (hold).

I wish it was like any other modeler where you hold to turn the tuner on, but then one tap gets you out.

Not sure how complicated this would be to implement or set up if implemented, but it's currently pretty unintuitive to have to hold to turn the tuner on, and also hold to turn it off.

Not a big deal or complaint, just a wish :)

you “could” achieve this, by moving to another “similar” layout with that button swapped.
Layout 1.
Button 1 tap = tempo
Button 1 hold = tuner and layout link to layout 2.
Layout 2.
Button 1 tap = tuner and layout link to layout 1.

I set a button to do both tap tempo (for tap) and tuner (hold).

I wish it was like any other modeler where you hold to turn the tuner on, but then one tap gets you out.

Not sure how complicated this would be to implement or set up if implemented, but it's currently pretty unintuitive to have to hold to turn the tuner on, and also hold to turn it off.

Not a big deal or complaint, just a wish :)
I agree. There have been a few time during a break between songs where I check my tuning and don't hold long enough to disengage the tuner. I guess I could turn off the mute option, but your suggestion makes sense.

What if you want to keep the tuner displayed and still be able to entered tap tempo between songs ?
Never have I, or anyone in the history of ever, has ever.

Just kidding - I'm sure it's useful for someone, like between songs if you start with a crazy sync'd delay or something, but for all intents and purposes, I think it's just clunky as-is. I can live with it, though, but it'd be nice as an option.

you “could” achieve this, by moving to another “similar” layout with that button swapped.
Layout 1.
Button 1 tap = tempo
Layout 2.
I didn't realize you could have multiple functions assigned to one button function (ie, tap/hold). This is a great idea!

Layout 1.
Button 1 tap = tempo
Layout 2.
Okay... I'm an idiot. I don't see any option to link layouts. The manual is bare-bones about this feature. Any clue how I can actually set this up or where there's a better tutorial or explanation than the manual? From what the manual says, it seems like this would be great - just can't figure out how to do it. Thanks!

Okay... I'm an idiot. I don't see any option to link layouts. The manual is bare-bones about this feature. Any clue how I can actually set this up or where there's a better tutorial or explanation than the manual? From what the manual says, it seems like this would be great - just can't figure out how to do it. Thanks!
Setup > FC Controllers > Layouts > (choose layout, then press Enter) > (choose footswitch, then press Enter).

I'm sorry, I've been all around these menus and this still doesn't make any sense. If no one wants to post a step-by-step example instruction, that's cool - I post step-by-step stuff for FCB1010 programming, so I know how tedious it can be, but I guess I'll scour the webbernet for a video or some sort of more precise instructions or examples of how it can be used. Thanks anyway, guys :)

I'm doing this from memory, but here's how to get to Layout Links on the front panel:

Home screen
Press "Setup" (E knob)
"FC Controllers" (Press Enter—A knob)
Select Desired layout (Nav—A knob)
Press "Edit Layout" (B knob)
Select desired switch (Nav—A knob)
Press "Edit Switch" (B knob)
Select FC#1 under layout links (assuming you have one FC)

Danny W.

If no one wants to post a step-by-step exImple instruction, that's cool - I post step-by-step stuff for FCB1010 programming, so I know how tedious it can be, but I guess I'll scour the webbernet for a video or some sort of more precise instructions or examples of how it can be used. Thanks anyway, guys :)

1) Decide which switch on which Layout will have a layout link.

2). From the Home screen, press Setup, choose FC Controllers, and press Enter.

3). Use the Page>> button to navigate to the Layouts page.

4). On the Layouts page, choose the layout you decided above in step 1. Then press Enter.

5). Select the switch you decided above in step 1. Then press Enter.

6). You will be sent to a screen that lets you assign layout links for that switch.

1) Decide which switch on which Layout will have a layout link.

2). From the Home screen, press Setup, choose FC Controllers, and press Enter.

3). Use the Page>> button to navigate to the Layouts page.

4). On the Layouts page, choose the layout you decided above in step 1. Then press Enter.

5). Select the switch you decided above in step 1. Then press Enter.

6). You will be sent to a screen that lets you assign layout links for that switch.

You rock!! Thank you. There is no mention that pressing "enter" (in step 5) actually does anything so I never thought to try it.

Unfortunately, this method doesn't work to solve my problem. It's okay. I re-jiggered some settings, realizing I can effectively program 4 scenes to one footswitch which has freed up a few switches. So now I just have it as a regular tap function. No muss, no fuss. Still would be nice to be able to hold it to turn it on and tap it off, but it's whatevs.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom