WISH - One Tap gets you Two Functions (Looper with Reverb Hold Problems)

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Hi
In the FC Layout - I would like TWO (count em' two) TAP functions per foot switch press [just press not press and hold]. See Screen Snapshot Below [thank you Photoshop].

PROBLEM; I use the reverb hold to create lush string pads, but of course over time the volume of the reverb hold fades :sob::sob: ......So I start the lush string pad with the reverb hold, then I want to record the string pad with the looper (so the volume doesn't fade over time); but once I play the recorded loop, the reverb hold is still playing, and there's a sudden spike in volume.

SoooOOoooo.... If can optionally assign TWO functions to one foot switch, I can assign the Play/Stop of the Looper, and the Hold of Reverb, I can avoid the spike in volume.

See the screen snapshot print below of what this might look like:
LooperHold.png
We'll see how many other users are interested here, but I suspect we'll get some more likes.

My particular need comes from an issue with the looper, put in the chain behind or after the reverb, having a jump in volume when the PLAY/STOP foot switch is pressed. In my case I play a note; I press one foot switch to engage the REVERB hold, so the note sustains or continuously plays, but the volume fades over time....So, I record the beautiful output of the REVERB hold with the looper. I record it for a few seconds, and when I press a different foot switch tied to the PLAY/STOP function of the looper - I get a spike in sound:::: WHY? because the looper is now playing-creating output, but the REVERB hold continues to play as well.

There may be work-arounds (PhD needed), but I can think of other uses for ONE tap switch to control TWO functions ::: see screen print below

One TAP switch - TWO functions. Come on Axe Fx III - you can do it.

I like this idea. I was going to post something similar. I was thinking of pressing a Foot Switch would call up a macro/procedure.
My example Macro when in the Preset Layout View - select a preset name in assigned foot switch:
1. Go to that Preset selected
2. Change Layout View to PERFORM

I like this idea. I was going to post something similar. I was thinking of pressing a Foot Switch would call up a macro/procedure.
My example Macro when in the Preset Layout View - select a preset name in assigned foot switch:
1. Go to that Preset selected
2. Change Layout View to PERFORM
This can be completed with layout links. I have a songlist layout that will select the preset and then switch back automatically to my main live layout

When I 1st read this I confused your request with the 2nd Tap Wish posted elsewhere in the forum.
You actually want to preform multiple functions on the initial Tap. Layout links may work for this as FiddlerTheDrum mentioned.

OP is asking for what would be like a mini-Control Switch functionality, where any two functions can be set to happen on one switch - in his case, start the Looper and engage Reverb Hold. But you could also theoretically use it to engage two fx at the same time, change channels on 2 different blocks (amp-cab comes to mind), etc. Not sure how complicated the coding would be, but this could be useful...

Thanks for all of the input here.............is there, by chance, a video tutorial on Layout Links? - for those of use who aren't familiar with them, and who prefer a video to a 4,398 page manual??????

OP is asking for what would be like a mini-Control Switch functionality, where any two functions can be set to happen on one switch - in his case, start the Looper and engage Reverb Hold. But you could also theoretically use it to engage two fx at the same time, change channels on 2 different blocks (amp-cab comes to mind), etc. Not sure how complicated the coding would be, but this could be useful...
The coding could be the same as it is for all of the MIDI control boards that do this (RJM, Liquidfoot, Voes, etc.).

It's really pretty common with MIDI boards, and sort of surprising that the FC series can't do it.

At issue here is the way the controls of the Looper work. As I understand it, they aren't switches, with a high value and a low value -- they're events that are triggered. Therefore, they can't be controlled by Modifiers. If they could be, the FC and the current control switch functionality would work just fine for this.

At issue here is the way the controls of the Looper work. As I understand it, they aren't switches, with a high value and a low value -- they're events that are triggered. Therefore, they can't be controlled by Modifiers. If they could be, the FC and the current control switch functionality would work just fine for this.
Fair enough.

Could it be done for other functions? For example, I have my MIDI controller set up to issue about 8 commands for each button press, selecting individual FX block channels and bypass settings. It would be nice if this could be done in the FC series.

Back
Top Bottom