Wish More Control Switches

HurdyGuigui

Inspired
I wish we could have more than 6 switches to send external midi commands. Now we have only 6 Control Switches so we are limited to 6 different globally defined midi commands.

I wish we would have up to 24 Control Switches, so that we could have up to 24 globally defined midi messages (24 is kind of random, but something between 20 and 30 would be great).

Bump on this! Just ordered a FC12 as my spot came up, so very excited!
But if that 6 was bumped up to 24, I could also sell my Morningstar, and just have one big pedal on the board...

Well, just assigned my 6th Control switch. Officially tapped out. :(

CS1 - Amp
CS2 - Drive
CS3 - Lead Boost
CS4 - Reverb Hold
CS5 - Delay1/2 Toggle
CS6 - Delay Level Boost​

there isn't an option to have multiple functions on a single switch with a modifier for the switch? Kind of like the ALT/SHIFT/CTRL-ANY KEY selection on a keyboard?

6 is the max assignable control switches? Is that per preset or global?

Will only get my FC-12 shortly, but...

...from my reading, the control switches are plain modifier sources. That means that they can control multiple parameters, and that they can do different things depending on the preset.

So is this wish basically about being able to use more than 6 CSs *in the same preset*, eg, for external MIDI control? I sure hope so :)

For internal use, you can assign those 6 CS's per preset. I don't use this for external midi control. However, from what I can tell, using CS switches to send midi commands is global via the FC Controller Configuration. There is also a MIDI block inside each preset that you could use to send up to 8 commands per scene change.

Well, just assigned my 6th Control switch. Officially tapped out. :(

CS1 - Amp
CS2 - Drive
CS3 - Lead Boost
CS4 - Reverb Hold
CS5 - Delay1/2 Toggle
CS6 - Delay Level Boost​
I'm confused why you need a CS for those except Reverb Hold? Can't you just use effect bypass/toggle/channels for those?
I only use one control switch for PITCH 2D for Eb (-1) when set to ON, since I use a setting of "last" in all 8 scenes. That way I don't need an "Eb redundant preset."
Perhaps I'm not seeing other possible applications for control switches.

Can't you just use effect bypass/toggle/channels for those?

The problem arises when you are also trying to use Scenes for this. In order to make things persist across scene changes, you need to use Modifiers. For me, I basically want whatever Amp Core Tone to persist across Scene Changes. My scene changes are mostly all the layering of effects. So, I have 4 core Scenes and I can use my CS switch to change the gain structure of my amp or enable an Amp Boost. Or maybe all of it needs to be layered on-top of the band so it's a "lead boost", etc.

This type of preset is more of a Kitchen Sink style approach. Alternatively, I'd have to break it out into 4 different presets and switch between them or go the Song as a Preset Route. I used to do the Song as a Preset Route, but it gets old trying to dial stuff in for every song. If I was always playing the same set-list, then yeah I'd definitely do the song as preset route.

They are bound by the same switches wether the problem is using FC CS MIDI or internal Modifier usage with just the CS.

Back
Top Bottom