Wish Momentary Scene Toggle

Smittefar

Axe-Master
The AX8 could do this (although only between scenes 1&2)

It would be nice, if any switch on the FC could be set to momentary or latching, but I really want it now for scene toggle.

It is useful while playing rhythm and you want to make short fills. Just step on your 'fill' scene while you are doing it and step off, when the fill ends. It is much easier in the heat of battle than to stomp before the fill and stomp again after the fill.

I do this but with a control switch on my FM3. In my lead scene, button 3, if I hold it it engages control switch 2 that enables the pitch/feedback function. it takes a little while to engage but works well.

But, then you do not switch scenes right? Momentary works for control switches but not anything else, I think

I have done this by adding a momentary pedal, it's actually a (cheaper Onstage) sustain pedal for keys, and it's plugged in to one of the switch plugs on either FC12 or FC 6. Hold down for small volume increase, release goes back to original volume...it activates a filter block in my chain, sometimes I also add a small mid bump. It's to use for accented moments during rhythms, as you mention Smittefar.
I don't want to have switch scenes.

One problem that I can see is, you won't be able to also have a 'Hold' function on that switch, as with 'Momentary' Control Switches.

Last edited:
If it were added, you could use the 'Hold' function and still use the 'Tap' function for something else, as with 'Momentary' Control Switches. But you have to setup the 'Hold Function Execute Mode' to 'Timeout'. And the action won't happen until it times out per your 'Press and Hold' setting.

I hardly ever use any hold functions. But I use many preset overrides.
In this case, I couldn't do it without a scene change. I am changing amp and cab channels, adding Awah and changing volume level. (This could be done with a control switch, but I don't want to)

If it were added, you could use the 'Hold' function and still use the 'Tap' function for something else, as with 'Momentary' Control Switches. But you have to setup the 'Hold Function Execute Mode' to 'Timeout'. And the action won't happen until it times out per your 'Press and Hold' setting.
I think for momentary it would be best to not have a Hold function so you could get the toggle immediately. I know I'd want it that way - when I'm making a quick change I don't want to have to think about hitting it 1/2 second early.

But, then you do not switch scenes right? Momentary works for control switches but not anything else, I think

Correct, this is not for switching scenes. Momentary also works for blocks like If you want to do the Unchained thing with a Flanger.

At the moment we can’t do things like go back to the previous scene. So if this was implemented using functions that’s available now I would expect that there would be one action for press and hold (we have this now), and we’d need another action added for hold release. So you could set the hold function to Scene 2, and then hold release to Scene 1. But you could also hold to go to Scene 2 and release to enable Delay 1. I’m not sure when that would be useful but it would certainly open up interesting possibilities.

Is there any chance to get this on the ‘new feature’ list or has this been implemented already and did I miss it? I just heard some Oz Noy tunes and he seems to change a lot of sounds from one moment to another (for example Zig Zag). I would also like to do that: short melody-> latch another scene for two chords->and change back to the basic scene. Any tips welcome…

Is there any chance to get this on the ‘new feature’ list or has this been implemented already and did I miss it? I just heard some Oz Noy tunes and he seems to change a lot of sounds from one moment to another (for example Zig Zag). I would also like to do that: short melody-> latch another scene for two chords->and change back to the basic scene. Any tips welcome…
Nope...

But, you could set Second Press to Previous Scene.

Requires more taps but you would be tapping the same switch.

There are other ways to achieve a similar result, though. Think about what a scene does: changes blocks' on/off status and channel status. The former can be achieved with Control Switches, which can then be synced to Scene changes via CS per Scene....

Back
Top Bottom