Long press Edit button from edit mode to go to previous block

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
On the front panel, I love that pressing Edit when you're already in edit mode takes you to the next block, without going back to layout mode.

But it's a one-way street, there's no way to go back to the previous block. You have to exit out to layout mode and use the arrow keys.

How about if long press on the Edit button when in edit mode would navigate to editing the previous block? I'd really like that, and it seems simple to implement (not that I actually know that).

On the front panel, I love that pressing Edit when you're already in edit mode takes you to the next block, without going back to layout mode.

But it's a one-way street, there's no way to go back to the previous block. You have to exit out to layout mode and use the arrow keys.

How about if long press on the Edit button when in edit mode would navigate to editing the previous block? I'd really like that, and it seems simple to implement (not that I actually know that).
Sounds great!

Just to say it, there might be some better way to access this hypothetical feature, since having to long press 5 times in a row would be slow and annoying.

Maybe Edit plus some other key? Can the front panel do that sort of thing?

maybe.....value knob click. Since from inside any block, exit goes back to layout. And from home, there's a soft knob click to go to layout. Want to go back one block? Edit edit edit edit edit edit edit

it can't. holding it is like pressing it multiple times.
Well that's a pretty persuasive argument for finding a better gesture to trigger that action :). Seems odd though, it's not like the OS has that behaviour hard coded, but I guess the keyscan hardware might.

So what other options are there? Value knob click isn't bad, and it's true that the current back-to-layout action duplicates the Exit button, as mentioned above.

Other ideas?

What about double tap and hold, most people probably got a jack rabbit index finger to go forward, but instead of 7 fast clicks to get back to amp block from cab, double tap hold to go back one block...

Back
Top Bottom