Wish List: VU Meters in Axe Edit

Would you like to have the VU Meters in Axe Edit?

• Yes

Votes: 74 97.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Maybe - I'll express my thoughts in the comments

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Being a notorious AXE EDIT user I thought I also needed VU meters in the editor, but after today's tweaking, it was so fast and smooth just with the front panel so I think I pass my wish and save it for other stuff ;)

I think the preamp VU meters in the cab block would be especially useful if possible. It's pretty easy to level presets from the front panel using the utility VU, but when building presets using axe edit, it slows the workflow having to go back and forth (especially for me since my axe and PC are on opposite sides of the room). Not complaining though - I still have to pinch myself every time I turn it on and start to jam. Can't believe how fortunate I am to own an AxeFX II 8) and I've had it since FW 3

I don't have the problem of needing to walk back and forth as everything is within reach. My issue is tweaking a patch at the same time I'm trying to look at the VU meters, the front panel screen jumps back to the edit screen I'm tweaking and so I have to play this manual tap dance (with hands) to get back to the VU meter screen. It would be a big workflow improvement for me if it was always available in AxeEdit, even it was a popout window or equivalent.

I'd like to see an AMP VU meter in the amp block, across all of the pages, and a CAB VU meter in the amp block, again, across all pages of the cab block, in Axe-Edit.

The Cab block VU wouldn't be "quite" as important as the Amp block VU, to me, but would be helpful. Currently, I'm saving the preset in AE, pausing Axe-Edit communication (F8), adjusting cab/amp VU levels at the front panel, then F8 again to restart AE, and tweaking from there. It's a little clumsy. The sound improvements are incredible, though, and are part of that last few percentage points of the difference between a great tone, and a magnificent tone.

Back
Top Bottom