Wish Wish List: New Amps

It’s come up elsewhere on the forum, but I don’t think it’s made it on the amp wish list, persay… so I’ll add on the Carol Ann Satin (GOAT clean tones), and any other Carol Anns for that matter that aren’t already in the box. The Swart SST-30 would be another cool option- gainier than the AST, and just such a complex and great sounding amp.
I mentioned this at the start of this thread, but a 6g6b Bassman was my sound for years, and having one modeled would be amazing. For the record, I’ve got an SST-30 and a Satin I’d be happy to send in for modeling if @FractalAudio ever deems them worthy.

Orange OR120! The “Pics Only” amp sounds like a thicker, meaner, and more articulate Plexi: (first vid-guy really starts cranking it around the 2:30 mark)

Honorable mentions:
Ampeg V4
Matamp/Green GT120 (circuits differ in key ways from the Orange)
Orange OR120 pics and text
Electric Amps MV120
Laney Supergroup
Laney Klipp

Last edited:
This is like asking Josh from JHS to name his favorite pedals! I say why stop at 300 amps, I'll gladly give up Cab choices (I'll never live long enough to try all of them) for more effects and more amps.
Maybe that should be the goal - every amp and pedal ever made! I think at this point I'm the only person on the planet NOT offering/making IR's.
When it's all said and done there is no better feeling than having to open Fractal-Bot and clicking "Send"...don't tell my wife I said that!

This is like asking Josh from JHS to name his favorite pedals! I say why stop at 300 amps, I'll gladly give up Cab choices (I'll never live long enough to try all of them) for more effects and more amps.
Maybe that should be the goal - every amp and pedal ever made! I think at this point I'm the only person on the planet NOT offering/making IR's.
When it's all said and done there is no better feeling than having to open Fractal-Bot and clicking "Send"...don't tell my wife I said that!
This!
Even if the memory are full, just imagine how great it would if you could load the Amps you need into the Axe III just like you can already do this with the IR‘s you need/want.

You are asking for a profiler not a modeler.
I think he’s thinking like how you can move preset off and on. I have a bunch of versions of Amps with different settings I save into my block folder.
If I had 300 amps loaded and a bunch more I could move on and off I’d wear fractal-bot out.

Yeah, the Laney VH is a bit thicker sounding and much gainier than a stock JCM800 - I could buy that it's a "modded JCM800" but really, Laney kinda had their own thing going on with the GH and VH range. Fantastic amps. To me, the Ironhearts are a bit of a 'me too' product, without much going on. Might as well just use a 5150 or a Recto tbh!!
I owned a GH50 and I am so mad at myself for letting it go. It was a 1 trick pony in some ways in how it wasn’t easy to go Clean to High again in a live setting. They clean was very unique to me, it had its own thing going on and was honestly killer, and we all know what the lead channel was, Sabbath in all its glory, but with a more contemporary distortion (circa ‘97 when I bought mine).

I understand what Cliff is saying but to be honest there’s not an 800 or 800 derivative in the FAS arsenal that gets me back to that tone.

Orange OR120! The “Pics Only” amp sounds like a thicker, meaner, and more articulate Plexi: (first vid-guy really starts cranking it around the 2:30 mark)

Honorable mentions:
Ampeg V4
Matamp/Green GT120 (circuits differ in key ways from the Orange)
Orange OR120 pics and text
Electric Amps MV120
Laney Supergroup
Laney Klipp

As a Matamp guy, very much this. A vintage Sunn Model T would also be great.
I'd also love to see many, many more fuzz pedals. Especially octave fuzzes.

I owned a GH50 and I am so mad at myself for letting it go. It was a 1 trick pony in some ways in how it wasn’t easy to go Clean to High again in a live setting. They clean was very unique to me, it had its own thing going on and was honestly killer, and we all know what the lead channel was, Sabbath in all its glory, but with a more contemporary distortion (circa ‘97 when I bought mine).

I understand what Cliff is saying but to be honest there’s not an 800 or 800 derivative in the FAS arsenal that gets me back to that tone.
I actually bought a VH100R recently. My tech is trying to bring it back to life. But yeah, playing the gain channel was like returning home after a decade.

I actually bought a VH100R recently. My tech is trying to bring it back to life. But yeah, playing the gain channel was like returning home after a decade.
When you get it running, you'd be a hero if you could figure out how to mimic it.

I wonder whats the chance of seeing the Cornford Rk100 back into the Axe Fx? My inner Guthrie Govan fanboy would be delighted

I would love to see the future, not the past. What boundaries can be moved with fractal amps, what new majic have we never heard before?

I would really like an ADA MP1 otherwise

Back
Top Bottom