Wish Wish List: New Amps

Given Axe doesn’t have any amps by Hughes&Kettner, I wonder if there is a license issue with Hughes&Kettner, or something similar.

I look at the TriAmp this way, that it's kind of meant to be a real world emulator, in it's own way. They're talking about each voice like it's based on something else, like their take on the Brown Sound. With Axe FX, I'm not really seeing a need for that kind of thing for myself. I'm kind of already blown away by everything in this piece of kit already haha. :) To me, it makes more sense to model amps that have a character really different that what's already in here. Already, there's the FAS Brown Sound amp, and the other amps that are in the real world meant to be kind of Brown Sound amps. I might totally be wrong about the TriAmp, but that's my take, never having played through it myself.

Given Axe doesn’t have any amps by Hughes&Kettner, I wonder if there is a license issue with Hughes&Kettner, or something similar.

The only licensing needed is if they want to show the real name of the amp instead of a cheeky pseudonym. I'd say it just hasn't made sense to model one. One question is are they doing something unique that can't be achieved by the other models, do people want it, can cliff find a schematic, and can he find a physical amp to put the time into.

In my experience all the H&K amps have this ugly grainy character that I don't appreciate, so I'm OK with not having a model, but that's just me.

Some I would like

EVH 5153 6L6 Stealth- used to have one of these, loved that amp, the normal variant just isn't the same, but I've gotten close with some tweaking on the 50w Blue

EVH 5153 EL34- would be neat. I used to have a 50w head that I got great sounds with. Heck, I usually run the 50w blue channel and el34 tubes as my go to amp in the axe right now.

Randal NB King- I have one of these, but I don't have a way to attenuate it right now, would love to have it modeled in the axefx. (Seriously ill pay to send it in haha)

ADA-MP1- classic. I should run mine more often into a simulated poweramps.

A Rockman model would be neat, but you can pretty much get there by putting a compressor in front of a JMP or a Jazz Chorus amp (with a tone match IR) depending on which channel you want. I'm still trying to calibrate my envelope filter controller to have a usable Auto-clean, might just resort to using an EXP switch to do it (lowering gain and increasing level to maintain same volume between clean and dirty).

Clean Rockman tone is already in the FM3 factory presets (not an amp model), which you can also import into the III.
"RockMeOnClean", Bank C.

Clean Rockman tone is already in the FM3 factory presets (not an amp model), which you can also import into the III.
"RockMeOnClean", Bank C.
Thanks, I don't think I would have found that myself. I'll have to try and import it into my III and compare with my patch, I can probably learn a thing or two from it. I'll loop my Sustainor or Guitar Compressor in to compare!

Thanks, I don't think I would have found that myself. I'll have to try and import it into my III and compare with my patch, I can probably learn a thing or two from it. I'll loop my Sustainor or Guitar Compressor in to compare!
@2112 has a video and preset for Rockman tones as well....

The only licensing needed is if they want to show the real name of the amp instead of a cheeky pseudonym. I'd say it just hasn't made sense to model one. One question is are they doing something unique that can't be achieved by the other models, do people want it, can cliff find a schematic, and can he find a physical amp to put the time into.

In my experience all the H&K amps have this ugly grainy character that I don't appreciate, so I'm OK with not having a model, but that's just me.
Triamp has very unique sound character especially in treble and presence area.
Can someone advise me which existing amp model in III are similar to Triamp?

Owned one. Never really liked it. It's a "cold" sound IMO. Try a Diezel (Dizzy).

Some I would like

EVH 5153 6L6 Stealth- used to have one of these, loved that amp, the normal variant just isn't the same, but I've gotten close with some tweaking on the 50w Blue

EVH 5153 EL34- would be neat. I used to have a 50w head that I got great sounds with. Heck, I usually run the 50w blue channel and el34 tubes as my go to amp in the axe right now.

Randal NB King- I have one of these, but I don't have a way to attenuate it right now, would love to have it modeled in the axefx. (Seriously ill pay to send it in haha)

ADA-MP1- classic. I should run mine more often into a simulated poweramps.

A Rockman model would be neat, but you can pretty much get there by putting a compressor in front of a JMP or a Jazz Chorus amp (with a tone match IR) depending on which channel you want. I'm still trying to calibrate my envelope filter controller to have a usable Auto-clean, might just resort to using an EXP switch to do it (lowering gain and increasing level to maintain same volume between clean and dirty).

All of these! The 5153S and EL34 really don't seem like the same amp as the standard 5153, and the MP1 solid state clean is still one I'm jonesing for real bad.

Back
Top Bottom