Wish Wish List: New Amps

For purely selfish reasons, I would like to see a Selmer Zodiac 30, the early croc-skin version from the mid-'60s.
And then maybe an Ampeg Jet, Reverberocket or even a VT-40. (I did my best piecing together a VT-40 using an SV Bass model).

Last edited:
Count me down for the 5150III EL34 too. Sounds way better than the 6L6 version and switching power tubes in the model just doesn’t get there for me.

I just picked up a used H&K triamp mkii today. What an amazing amp. Mostly because it’s versatiiity and the fact that it’s basically a 6 channel amp. Killer sound though. I’m not sure if it’s similar to any other amps currently in the axefx but I think it would be a great addition.

Do we want to open up the can of worms that is a Road King? We'd only need what 1600 different models?

Roadking channel 3 and 4 is Recto 2 Orange / Red...Roadking 2 cleans is Lonestar Clean. Roadking Brit would be the value remainder, there are no less than 10 different AC15/30 variants available, and even more vintage Marshall variants available.

All that said, saying you "don't need a modeled Roadking because the originals are plentiful" is equally as retarded as saying "you don't need a modeled Triaxis because all the originals are available". Until you can swap power amps at will, none of those originals have a 150 watt tube rectified power amp, Roadking stands with its own value.

Rectifier raw mode I really wish was available somewhere, it uses the most negative feedback, more than vintage mode, and only one or a few gain stages compared to vintage or modern, it's so forgiving at the same time as being so touch sensitive, what initially might sound anemic and useless becomes inspirational once you get a feel for how it's expressiveness is meant to be constrained in a tight window, but within that window is the most direct connection you can get between pickups and speakers...like modern mode took a xanax or something

Marble Bluebird. An improved take on the Tweed Deluxe, and although I love the latter's "shortcomings" to bits, a cranked Bluebird is the best amp overdrive I can recall having experienced firsthand. Great cleans too.

Back
Top Bottom