Wish Wish List: New Amps

Dimebag's Randall amps from Cowboys From Hell and Far Beyond Driven, with pre and post EQ's pre set to his preferred settings. They could call the amp models FAS Beyond Driven and Cowpokes From Hell.

I'd love a MusicMan Sixty-Five - the one with a solid state preamp and a tube power amp. I owned one, and those cleans were amongst the best I ever heard.

I also had a JCM800 2205. I thought it was a great amp. The clean channel was real spongy, and the drive channel was earthy with grind

In no particular order, some amps I'd love to have in the Axe-Fx 3:
  • Friedman JJ Junior (or JJ-100, but there's something about the Junior version I like even more)
  • Victory VX The Kraken
  • Mesa/Boogie Triple Crown (either TC-50 or TC-100)
  • Egnater Tweaker 40
  • Gallien-Krueger Legacy 800 (or the GK 700RB, or something else in their range for bass)
  • Peavey Invective.120

I’m also going to jump in with the Friedman JJ request. My buddy is supposed to be buying one soon, if he does I’ll offer him $50 to let me pull out the chassis and take a few pics.

Also would like to see some more bass amps available.

I'd like to see a Fender Brownface 6G2 Princeton model... a vintage or the new '62 Princeton Chris Stapleton Edition that came out last year.

Def Fortin. Certainly hope this materializes sometime. Mike IS cooperating with the DSP world, so i can hope this still might happen.

Fortin would be awesome. Not sure how feasible it is but if it’s at all possible to get hold of the Fortin Meshuggah, I think a lot of people would be far more than happy

Orange OR120, vintage or reissue. One of the main things I wish the III had each time I create patches.
I briefly had the 120 Overdrive in the late '80s. Monstrously loud if you wanted that. Couldn't afford a quad of EL34s to retube it.... :(

Back
Top Bottom