Wish Wish List: New Amps

New amp models are nice for sure , but the fact is at this point we are already spoiled by too many options, and it is my belief that if you become skilled enough in the deeper parameters of the III, you can recreate any amp/cab sound that exists, and the chance that there is a model in there that you haven’t discovered yet that is scary close to the one you dream was in there is pretty high.
Agree. I'd be happier to see more stompbox models (drives, flangers, phasers, delays, etc.)

New amp models are nice for sure , but the fact is at this point we are already spoiled by too many options, and it is my belief that if you become skilled enough in the deeper parameters of the III, you can recreate any amp/cab sound that exists, and the chance that there is a model in there that you haven’t discovered yet that is scary close to the one you dream was in there is pretty high.
If only it were that simple. Guess I need to go into hiding and dive deep in those advanced parameters and come back with the ADA MP-1 and sell the preset. :p

The ADA Mp IIRC was based on an old hot rodded plexi maybe w a tube screamer in front
The ADA tone stack is completely different, though. You could try using a plexi, turning on one of the built-in boosts, and then set the tone stack to an active tone stack. Then you might wanna mess with the EQs. It would be easier if Cliff did it for us in the box, though. :D

Would still love to have a proper early 80's vertical input 2203. IMO they just have a girth that the 2204 just can't replicate

Peavey Bandit 112 with Transtube technology ;)

On a more self indulgent level, the Genz Benz El Diablo 100w.

I ran two of these in stereo with a G system... sounded great, I would love to re-live that tone! I had them re-tubed with 6L6 tubes and oh man... what a sound.

I dont miss carrying them though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom