Wish Wish List: New Amps

Would like to see a talk box sound with using expression pedal
1) Your request is for an effect, not an amp model. It really belongs in a different thread. ;)

2) For a talk box sound with an expression pedal, use the Formant block.

3) You can quote a message and type your reply, all in one post . You don't need two posts. :)

I am not sure if the Axe has a vocoder in it, I have not looked. I have them in all my keyboards, but you sing and play your guitar at the same time and your guitar takes on the characters of your vocals. Talk box, and vocoder is different things but similar. With a vocoder it is a morphing of your guitar and vocals together. To get an idea Daf Punk did a song Get lucky. That effect is a vocoder. Funks bands used them a lot in the 70s and 80s. Bruno Mars uses one on 24 Karat. I just looked and the Axe does have a Vocoder in it. All the funk bands used fat keyboards with their voice to get that tone. You will have to have two inputs, one for vocals and one for guitar. I have never used it in the Axe but it is in there. It is really great sounding. I have never tried it with guitars in the Axe, only keyboards within my keyboards. As a matter of fact, I did not know the Axe even had a vocoder until I just looked. Fractal, the gift that keeps on giving.
Guys, this is a thread requesting new amp models. Please move discussions about effects blocks to another thread.

The DC-30 EF-86 is a great channel. I have one of the earlier Bad Cat Black Cats and I really only use the EF-86 channel.

When I had my DC-30 clone, the EF-86 channel very quickly became my favourite for nearly everything. It did the edge-of-breakup thing very, very well. Was surprised to see the other DC-30 channel modelled and not the EF-86.

Aguilar DB751 Amp
(plus some Aguilar cabs)
Ampeg B15
Ashdown ABM1200
Eden WT800
Gallien Krueger RB800
Gallien Krueger 1001RB-II or 700RB-II
(plus GK cabs, probably some of the Neo cabs in addition to the older RBH series)
Markbass Little Mark Tube (or some other Tube+Class D combo, from GK perhaps)

Pretty much any new bass amplifier and cabinets would be welcome. Beggars can't be choosers...

Pretty much any new bass amplifier and cabinets would be welcome.
Since you're "New here", I'll give you the low down.

keep-dreaming.jpg

I saw a couple people requesting the Randall Satan. I've got the 120 watt with matching cab sitting right here. Maybe played it 100 hours. I've farted around with the EQ and tried different pedal configurations but the distortion is too harsh for me. Let me clarify so I don't come off as a wussy. I love chainsaws. I can listen to chainsaws all day. This thing sounds like you have your ear right next to a circular saw cutting cement board. The clean channel is really nice though. Anyways, I got my III now and will probably never use a tube amp again. I was going to sell it, but if Fractal could use it to make a model, then I would be willing to send it out there if they cover the shipping and handling. Just throwing it out there.

Put me on the list for PRS Archon

img_20180714_2006576_5w9XY(1).jpg

I saw a couple people requesting the Randall Satan. I've got the 120 watt with matching cab sitting right here. Maybe played it 100 hours. I've farted around with the EQ and tried different pedal configurations but the distortion is too harsh for me. Let me clarify so I don't come off as a wussy. I love chainsaws. I can listen to chainsaws all day. This thing sounds like you have your ear right next to a circular saw cutting cement board. The clean channel is really nice though. Anyways, I got my III now and will probably never use a tube amp again. I was going to sell it, but if Fractal could use it to make a model, then I would be willing to send it out there if they cover the shipping and handling. Just throwing it out there.

Put me on the list for PRS Archon

View attachment 48220

I have given up hope on the
Archon the problem is there is no schematic I actually even emailed the
Designer who is no longer at PRS lol
No dice that amp was actually a project amp for one of their employees who played heavy modern rock and made tweaks to a custom 50? Bryan Ewald talks about it in one of the earlier Archon vids
Doug Sewall was involved but not in the beginning

Marshall with the Fortin Jose mod (I own one)
Marshall with the Fortin Cali mod ( I own one)
Marshall with the Cameron ocean mod .( I own one)
Diezel Herbert clean channel.
Fortin Natas
Bogner Twin Jet with KT88’s

1--- 1969 Marshall Major 200 watt with KT-88 tubes, extra preamp tubes -aka Ritchie Blackmore live
2--- modded 200 watt SLP Marshall with extra Mullard El-34's ---> live Jimmy Page 1970's
3--- Tony Iommi Laney Signature TI 100 amp head (8 preamp tubes and switchable EL34 or 6L6) just crushing tone
4--- Iommi's modded 1980 Marshall used on Heaven and Hell if Fractal could borrow it from him to model haha!

Great ideas I've seen. Personally I can use any amps or preamps. The more the better is my motto. Thousands more.

Back
Top Bottom