Wish Wish List: New Amps

Division Bell Tour Amp ( Gilmour/Pink Floyd )
Double Verb BF Normal - into - Hiwatt Power Amp ( Alembic F2B into Hiwatt Power )
So just Master and Presence on the Hiwatt.

Without adding anything. Just mix.

I know likely 95% of folks are using their III for heavy gain sounds, but how about something for us blues/clean amp guys?

Two Rock John Mayer Sig, Silver Sterling or Classic Reverb
Dumble SSS
PRS J-Mod Amps

Yes, I'm a John Mayer tone chasing if that didn't give it away.

Cant remember if I posted already in this thread or not hehe

Of course the ADA MP1 which was my first "get away from an amp" deal. Ran it with a DOD Grey Box set on the 4 x 12 setting and into the board. Id say this was 94-98. Disney gigs. Fun.

Id like to have a JCM 900 Model in there too. Plenty of Marshalls but not a 900. My favorite of the Marshalls.

I did a little Googling and found out that DAR Amplification (Mike Giovannato) went under before they were able to get many amps out. I think after DAR collapsed Fredrik and Marten went over to Fortin. I'm betting this one will be pretty hard to get a hold of...

I did a little Googling and found out that DAR Amplification (Mike Giovannato) went under before they were able to get many amps out. I think after DAR collapsed Fredrik and Marten went over to Fortin. I'm betting this one will be pretty hard to get a hold of...
Yes, was going to mention that. They were never a production amp (the number of amps built was apparently 9), used these screwy ginormous military tubes that you can't get anywhere and Cliff probably does not have a simulation model for. It would be a lot of cost and effort for an amp block that to most people is just going to sound like yet another Recto. :D Ask for a Framus Cobra or one of the Fortins or something instead. at least that would be doable. ;)

Yes, was going to mention that. They were never a production amp (the number of amps built was apparently 9), used these screwy ginormous military tubes that you can't get anywhere and Cliff probably does not have a simulation model for. It would be a lot of cost and effort for an amp block that to most people is just going to sound like yet another Recto. :D Ask for a Framus Cobra or one of the Fortins or something instead. at least that would be doable. ;)
Not to mention there's one guy on facebook a few years back who owned 3 or 4 of them at the time with the intention of getting more. So unless that guy is willing to cooperate with letting them be modeled that just makes it even harder to track one down.

I vote for a Rivera Knucklehead Reverb 100 channel 2 and 3. Channel 1 is not necessary ;)

Last edited:
Two Rock John Mayer Sig, Silver Sterling or Classic Reverb
Dumble SSS
PRS J-Mod Amps

Yes, I'm a John Mayer tone chasing if that didn't give it away.

I'll second that. All solid choices. Need more clean amps!

I'm never gonna get my hands on a $7K head/cab, so I would love to see the J-Mod 100 (or even the Two-Rock Traditional Clean.)

I had hoped to see more preset attempts on Mayer's sound in Axe-Change. Not too much there either. Easy enough to get something close with the Band-Commander, just thought the "Continuum tone" would be better represented by those who came before me.

Back
Top Bottom