Wish Wish List: New Amps

Victory amps please!!!

V30 The Countess mk2
HxYKfw8jsDAMYusZaG2cXj.png

VX The Kraken
Vic_VX_frontCUT_NOSHAD_796733-aad1df869eba8abf43ec13b2dde09cd5.jpg

V40 The Duchess
VIT%20V40H-Large.jpg

I actually own their V4 Coutness Preamp and i ran it through my buddy's axe fx 2 xl+ and it sounds soooooooo gooood!!!
I have a V100 and 4x12. Hopefully I'll get around to trying a tome match for it.

Supro 1648RT Saturn. Plugged into one on "accident", Supros were the only amps available away from the shredders when shopping for guitars, what a great tone! Much more "alive" sounding than the 1624T Dual Tone that was there.

4 Amps besides a Marshall... so is that 5?
ask for 5 and hope for 4?

Diesel VH4
Marshall Superbass
Bogner Uberschall
Rivera Knuckleheas Reverb or K Tre

Adam's Jones Setup according to Guitar World

How about one new Metal amp and one new non-metal amp to cover both camps? How many camps are there? I bet there's probably quite a few so how about quite a few new amps?!?! Haha!

Yes we do have it now I need help tone matching....

I already designed the preamp within axe 2 dont own 3 yet but I will...
regardless I found the original transformers and tube compliments for the SSS
and actually 6550 and kt88 both I bought each and a 40 watt version..

These amps are not clones they have the correct transformers and tubes for the SSS
and the preamp Ive already designed is in fact correct right down to the voltages...
Its inside the axe right now but Ive got a job to do and I need some help....

I need to record each one of those amps as is and tone match them both live and recording them close mic
and room mic and live direct....

I was able to match amps before by ear and got so close I did not have to TM
but In these cases I want to Tone Match each amp...

I found a 40 watt version of this amp has the same transformers as the original 150s do
only 40 watts !

So im going to do both but I need help....

I want to be able to record the room ambient with open back cabs and also close mic cab
using h4n and all 4 mics going then also direct live record the amps as is no efx dry
as well slave a Master amp into those amps and set them flat eq wise and just use the
original source as preamp.. This will give the option for original iron on the different stock versions of these amps
and to allow those to be set flat and slaved from an Original Master amp which is Dumble...
Now that amp has stock transformers which are not found in SSS amps the 40 and both 150 watt heads
have the same transformers Eric Johnsons amp and both Srvs amp had in them and to go one further....
the kt88 version sounds better then those 3 amps..its smoother and warmer.

So in fact I just need to capture great examples of those 3 amps first and then apply the original
preamp to those with correct iron and tubes and in fact we have the closest thing to date...
None of the clones available have the right tubes tube voltages nor correct transformers..

But these amps do...
:)

The original 50 Dumble is quite sweet with the correct tubes in it and it sounds fantastic so
the original iron already sounds just fine for 6l6 but we want it all...

I want 6550 and kt88 and kt66 and 6l6 and el34 and 84
the only way to do it is GET THESE AMPS CAPTURED as is
and slaved and get 4 different cabinets and speakers to boot
for variety at the same time..
I will do each amp as its self first then slave the Dumble 50 through each one
and push the slaved amp louder then original source so all we get is the 2nd amp...

Thats the whole idea to get the other amps as is and to Slave them off an original
which will also be recorded as is and pushed through these other amps....
40 watt with same iron as 150s
50 tweed twin
50 bassman small special ods clean two channels ry cooder circuit
100 watt 66 showman stock 6l6
150 6550 ge
150 kt88 gold lions

thats 3 fender platforms plus them as is and with Dumble circuit which is Ultra Phonic btw
then 40 and two 150 watt circuits with that hotter ods voicing
and the original specs to SSS which is already done....

Now since Dumble did not make those amps in both versions of transformers
those dont exist YET.

one will be brighter and sweeter and that would be the ones Im trying to make right now...

Who knows how to tone match and capture IRs really well here ...?
I need to do this with each amp and will sit here and do it but I need help..

Here is my premise and plan I want to record my own Dumble and these original amps
with correct tubes and transfomers found in Ejs and Srvs amps those are consecutive builds btw
5,6,7 back to back 150 sss builds...

5 is different the 6 and 7
but all 3 had 6550s GE and 6 and 7 had more tubes

I already made the 300 watt version only not with the corrected transformers
so when I do get this done, I will have every version both original and versions that dont exist
in the real world as he did not use that iron for those amps..

"This is my amp it belongs to me there are many like it but this one is mine
without my amp I am nothing but with my amp I am fearless "

I already amp playing this amp and it sounds amazing now as is but
these correct transformers and tubes will complete the 30 year task..

This rabbit hole took 30 years..

The 50 will be sold FIRST but before its shipped to be sold Im recording that
and need to get these other heads also at same time and create 3 different versions of the
SSS

By doing this I will in effect be able to make the entire line of amps made including the flagship Todd Sharpe amp
which did in fact have the other transformers but it was more ODS voiced at 150 though it did both...

Now I know the voltages on the originals and that includes a working schematic of 007 sss
because I know the person that fixed that amp or sent parts to Europe...

I did not quit or give up im right at the part where this becomes reality right now over this weekend

So im kindly asking for someone to help guide me through this correctly someone thats done this alot
and can show me how to do it..

I think its out l output 2 to amp in question then ext speaker out back to l 2 input
with volumes up and then amp in question has speaker load of its own as is..

that and close mic and room mic and recording them at same time as live direct TONE MATCH
soon as I capture both 6550 and kt88 those two amps are done...
the 40 is just a smaller one that Ej told me once in passing he wanted...

Never tell me something like that and expect id forget it...
So I bought that amp also...

those 3 amps as is
those 3 amps slaved from Ultra Phonic

I need to do that first and complete this 30 year quest for the grail...

Im asking kindly for the best to step forward to guide me through so I get the right captures and can complete this right..

my intention is to sell my amp first but also offer a bundle pack which covers the amps not in the axe fx..
im also going to post some things up regardless but this is something that should be done right
if it takes 4 days to do it ill sit right here and do every one of those amps including the fenders and
that spawns several amps which are not in the axe.

The ultra phonic isnt nor is the SSS or Dumbleland or Winterland
YET IS THE KEY PHRASE THEY ARE SITTING HERE NOW.

The winterland is already made at 300 watts inside the axe using the preamp I made already
and the SVT power section but I want the right transformers and tubes...
that makes 2 of each not offered yet..
6550 and kt88 and we all know once thats in the virtual realm then we can put what ever we want
in it 6v6 using one 8 inch speaker you can do what YOU want.

I like kt66 too killer sounding in this amp...
This did not happen over night it took awhile so im slow burn me at the stake I dont see anybody
else doing it so before yall light that match help me tone match these please correctly and ill put my money where my mouth is..

The proof will set you free..
Its unmistakable when you play and hear it and prepare to be spoiled....

I just dont leave stones unturned and the transformers and tubes need to be right power section wise now..

If someone will help thats good at tone matching ill follow suit and get every one of them knocked out....
to go one further soon as the amp sells Ill purchase the axe 3 and transfer it all over to that and offer the bundle
in both platforms..

I spent the past 7 years learning to chart and tune amps..
during that time I found the schematic and original voltages
and read some of my own here on both 50 100 and 150 watt amps
and bought the 40 and both 150 watt versions and the 4 12 D cab
which is closed or open back option.

We want that also dont we ??
Ill answer Yes the only thing sweeter then that with the kt88s might be the 15s
both jbl and ev..

those are here also..and id imagine already done by someone ownhammer ect
so the 10s are not those are from a holmes cab which is what Shawn Lane played
those are not in the axe YET either.

that cab sounds UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE
it should be included ...

So if someone can kindly explain this ive watched tutorials and think I kinda get it but
need some help...

This is the last push so its important to get right

If I had the funds to send both 150 heads to Cliff Id send them
but I think its not needed if I can do it here....

I can say this the only thing closer would be to take the master tapes or the original
amps and record and re amp them through axe fx and Tone Match using the preamp I already made.

Which is what I told Eric in 2017 when I sent it then to his manager..
The amps I do not see in the axe fx are not there because they are so expensive
If there are 11 possibly 14 SSS amps in the world no body is gonna let
someone go fishing through their amp and risk losing that..

But you dont have to cause I already did it..
The amp I was after burned up and was rebuilt its not the same at all..

But the master recordings are..:)
and a good solid dry master of that into the correct transfomers speakers
will in effect rebuild the original in the virtual realm.

Thats the only option I could think of..
Im not finished im just getting started...

Who amongst ye would care to help ?

Do I have your permission to use your post for the lyrics of a rap? ;)

I'll jump in and say..

ADA MP-1 (Most Requested)
VHT Pitbull
Wizard MCII KT-75 or KT120 tubes.
Wizard MTL 100
Marshall Vintage Modern
Marshall JCM2000 DSL

Just to name a few.
Yep much requested, but the ADA-MP1 would be ridiculously awesome to have. Watching @2112 do a video on it (one of his favourite preamps IIRC) would be worth the trouble alone!

Yeah someone on the forum in the earlier stage of the AxeII gave Cliff the ADA MP1 to model and it hasn't happened. So, for what ever reason....I'm going to say it's never going to happen, sadly. I'm actually really surprised there hasn't been more amps model. The AxeIII has been out for a year? And it only has one new amp that the II doesn't as Cliff was nice enough to give us them in the II.

New amp models are nice for sure , but the fact is at this point we are already spoiled by too many options, and it is my belief that if you become skilled enough in the deeper parameters of the III, you can recreate any amp/cab sound that exists, and the chance that there is a model in there that you haven’t discovered yet that is scary close to the one you dream was in there is pretty high.

Back
Top Bottom