WISH! KittyHawk quattro tube preamp... VIDEO INCLUDED

Would you want a KittyHawk quattro preamp included in the AXE-FX??

• Total voters
Cliff.. if you ever want to.. the KittyHawk quattro tube preamp is VERY VERY hard to come by & sounds great!

I have 3 of them & can send 1 to you if needed to replicate. I also have a schematic.

These are great sounding preamps

Here is a link to a video I posted of what the KittyHawk sounds like... I recorded it with the clean channel of my Bogner Shiva, using the KittyHawk into the front end of the amp & a TC G-Major

http://www.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DyO ... la41jtvr3A

or this one

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=v ... la41jtvr3A

Re: WISH! KittyHawk quattro tube preamp... I have schemat

If anyone wants to hear a KittyHawk quattro... I posted a video on Youtube but cant get the link right now while at work.

Just search Youtube for "Bogner Kitty Hawk Medley" You'll find it

Someone post the direct link up if possible....im not sure if the above ones work

My Quattro is still racked up on my recording desk but hasn't had much use for sometime. Still one - or 3 (I never bonded with the crunch channel so only used 3 channels) of my favourite sounds. I've still go my Kitty Hawk 2x60 power amp too. I'd love to see a couple of the Kitty Hawk channels in the Axe.

Chris

Before I got my Axe-Fx I started building my own multi channel tube preamp which was partially based on some information I found on the Kittyhawk quattro. I never finished the project after getting the Axe-Fx. It would be cool to still get the KH thing going ;-)
I may or may not still finish that preamp some time in the future. It is largely done, but I wanted to integrate midi channel switching and I still have work to do on the power supply. If this preamp is modeled I may as well bin the unfinished project.

S.R.

Yes Reb used them. I talked to him in Atlanta a couple years ago & he said he'd like to have another Quattro.

Im surprised, they didnt get more popular... one of the best hotrodded Marshall "style" tones out there.. (honestly I like it a lot better than a marshall)

Never played a Kitty Hawk, I just know that Kee Marcello was a famous Kitty Hawk user... and his videos sure sound good to me. I'd have no objections against a Kitty Hawk addition to the Axe Fx amp list.

Back
Top Bottom