Wish IR Player for FM9

Just curious, how difficult would it be to bring the IR player to the FM9 to save CPU?

I don't think I've ever messed with the cab block and all the features that it has, so I was wondering if the IR Player could be used in lieu for CPU headroom.

If it would take less CPU, I would like to see that too. I am currently working on a preset that I am using a cab block for this purpose. I have had to rethink my approach on the preset due to maxing out the processor. I reworked it last night and had some good results. I will play through the preset tonight to figure out how I want to set up my boosts and such. I will know then if what I have laid out in the preset is going to work for what I want. The IR player may be a good solution for what I am doing.

From reading the wiki, the IR player uses less CPU than a cab block, which would make it possible. I would like to request this too, would be a GREAT addition to the FM9

I would love this too! I have set up a patch to have input 1 be my electric, and input 2 to be my acoustic. At the moment, I’m using cab block 2 for the acoustic in the event I use an IR for the acoustic. It doesn’t always happen, but if I do, then that leaves me without the option of having a second cabinet block for gapless amp and cab switching or more complex setups where more tones are required on an alternate kitchen sink setup.

Just curious, how difficult would it be to bring the IR player to the FM9 to save CPU?

I don't think I've ever messed with the cab block and all the features that it has, so I was wondering if the IR Player could be used in lieu for CPU headroom.
I used the IR player in the AXE3 for pickup impulses. Would love to see that in the FM9 as well.

I used the IR player in the AXE3 for pickup impulses. Would love to see that in the FM9 as well.
That’s my wish list too; to use it on my independent input 2 acoustic chain so I can use an IR with the pickup to get a mic’d up sound without using the 2nd cab block.

I'm curious if there's a technical reason why it wasn't added to the FM9. I know some brands may purposely leave some features to be exclusive to the flagship unit, but Fractal tends to base their products' features to technical capabilities.

But even so, I'd imagine if you can run 2 cab blocks, you could run 1 cab block and 1 IR player. If you don't have the CPU for 2 cabs and 1 IR player, then that's on the user not to implement all 3, just like you can't put every block into a preset.

So, being completely out of the loop, my guess would be that the only technical limitation would be memory space with the code? They may want to save the space for other features?

I'm curious if there's a technical reason why it wasn't added to the FM9. I know some brands may purposely leave some features to be exclusive to the flagship unit, but Fractal tends to base their products' features to technical capabilities.

But even so, I'd imagine if you can run 2 cab blocks, you could run 1 cab block and 1 IR player. If you don't have the CPU for 2 cabs and 1 IR player, then that's on the user not to implement all 3, just like you can't put every block into a preset.

So, being completely out of the loop, my guess would be that the only technical limitation would be memory space with the code? They may want to save the space for other features?
Same with TM, the Axe II could do it and the FM9 is more powerful.

Same with TM, the Axe II could do it and the FM9 is more powerful.
But the code running on the FM9 is different than on the Axe Fx II.

Just because the processors are more powerful doesn't really equate to running things because what is being processed is not the same ;)

Back
Top Bottom