Wish WISH: IR Player for FM9

But the code running on the FM9 is different than on the Axe Fx II.

Just because the processors are more powerful doesn't really equate to running things because what is being processed is not the same ;)
That is true, but I can imagine the FM9 is powerful enough to run the Axe FX 3 ToneMatch block. But there may be other technical reasons why they didn't implement it. It very well might be a product management decision to reserve some features for the flagship as well.

That is true, but I can imagine the FM9 is powerful enough to run the Axe FX 3 ToneMatch block. But there may be other technical reasons why they didn't implement it. It very well might be a product management decision to reserve some features for the flagship as well.
Agreed... We don't know why and it has been asked many times and never answered by Fractal to my knowledge.

The point of my post was really just about saying "the FM9 is more powerful than the Axe Fx II".

But the code running on the FM9 is different than on the Axe Fx II.

Just because the processors are more powerful doesn't really equate to running things because what is being processed is not the same ;)
Yes it's not the same algo, TM now has a different EQ algo than the first gen but I'm willing to bet it can work.

Cliff could say it can't and then I wouldn't think it could, but he's not said that since the FM9 release. Same with IR player...
It's not like Cliff has said it can't and I'm trying to refute it. If Cliff was to say it can't then I'd accept the reality, one thing I know about Cliff is he's an honest man.

Until then, my theory is that it can.

High Five Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

Back
Top Bottom