Wish: High quality assets so Axe-Edit scales properly

laxu

Fractal Fanatic
At the moment if using Axe-Edit on high DPI displays like a 4K display, only some parts of the Axe-Edit scale properly. Buttons, sliders etc graphical components are noticeably blurry. Please make and use some higher quality assets on those so the app will still look good even if scaling is used.

I'm on a 5k monitor here and with the exception of the text in the blocks on the grid everything is sharp and excellent. Here's Axe-Edit scaled up to cover >2/3rds of my 5k monitor:

(LOL, it's a 9MB image so I can't host it from the forum...but click through if you want to zoom in on it)

My graphics:

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 8.14.30 PM.png

In your image the issue is pretty obvious. All icons and the Import and Presets buttons for example are far blurrier than the text in the top menus. I guess the buttons in the editing section are implemented differently because those have sharp text.

In your image the issue is pretty obvious. All icons and the Import and Presets buttons for example are far blurrier than the text in the top menus. I guess the buttons in the editing section are implemented differently because those have sharp text.
Yes. Those items are bitmaps, and bitmaps don't scale particularly well. Fortunately, everything you need to see in detail is rendered in detail.

I agree it would be good if everything scaled perfectly. As I understand it, it's an artifact of the product used to allow cross-platform code development.

At the moment if using Axe-Edit on high DPI displays like a 4K display, only some parts of the Axe-Edit scale properly. Buttons, sliders etc graphical components are noticeably blurry. Please make and use some higher quality assets on those so the app will still look good even if scaling is used.

i 100% agree, it wouldn't be too much to make axe edit a much much higher quality looking program. i love the layout, the functions ofcourse, but the blurriness of a lot of aspects of the program isnt that nice. Easy to fix im sure.

Back
Top Bottom