Wish: Green screen mode

I actually like this idea. Customizable UI wallpapers and font colors.

Also, it would probably take up way too much memory to set a pic of each amp as the wallpaper for the amp block editing screens depending on which amp you select, and it would probably be horrible for legibility, but it's fun to think about.

Green Screen Mode: Cliff threw his hands up in the air and went screaming out of the office after hearing nothing but wishes for screens like the Helix and Headrush.

P.S. Would be kinda cool though.

Did someone say green screen mode?

a-0107.jpg

Green screen. :D One of my former employers back in the early 2000's was a mainframe shop transitioning to web based applications. When designing a new app, the users wanted it to function basically like the old system: a terminal based program. So as a joke we skinned the whole web app as green screen and made it respond to PF keys for input.

They loved it. :facepalm

Green screen. :D One of my former employers back in the early 2000's was a mainframe shop transitioning to web based applications. When designing a new app, the users wanted it to function basically like the old system: a terminal based program. So as a joke we skinned the whole web app as green screen and made it respond to PF keys for input.

They loved it. :facepalm

Never underestimate people's resistance to change.

In all seriousness, I'd love a green screen mode. Not the low-def version of the AxeII, but just the color green. I like the new display format. It would be nice to have a green color scheme option. Green is both my favorite color and it's also a hallmark of the Fractal Audio product line!

I'll say it again:

Customizable screensavers and customizable/animatable color mixes for the logo. With an API for reacting to distortion levels, pitch detection, external controllers, and the like.

Why?

Because it's so hilariously unnecessary!

Of course it's ridiculous.

But one of these days...

One of these days, there's gonna be a performance, where the guitarist is using an Axe-III.

Maybe it'll be a cover band; maybe it'll be the K.C. and the Sunshine Band revival tour. Whatever.

And it'll be time for some tune that has a totally cliché disco beat. Something people used to dance to in the late 70's. Something that screams lounge-lizard.

And the guitarist will grin, and change program, and suddenly, the Axe-III screen will light up with a
glittering disco ball.

The band begins to play. The backsides of the crowd are swinging back-and-forth in oh-so-groovy fashion, locked to the beat.

And then the guitarist's grin gets just a touch wider...he puts his foot on the expression pedal and gradually sweeps towards a toe-down position...and on the Axe-III screen, a disco-dancing Cliff slides across (superimposed over the front of the disco ball), his position governed by the expression pedal (which also is controlling, oh, I dunno, something like Auto-Wah intensity, but nobody's really noticing that part).

The virtual-Cliff is in a white polyester leisure suit, black satin shirt, a few gold chains (it's actually a face-photo superimposed over a cut of Travolta from Saturday Night Fever). When the guitarist shifts to a lead, virtual-Cliff
freezes in place, one hip out, one arm pointing up at an angle, in the famous pose.

Every Fractal Fan in the crowd roars approval. The non-musicians don't get the joke, but for the musicians, who make moments like this happen, the moment is all.

And the band plays on.

Back
Top Bottom