WISH - FC-6 mini

Intoodeep1113

Inspired
I am using an FM3 only. I am looking at foot controllers and I really like the compatibility/functionality of the FC6, but it is pretty huge. I sure its great for the AXEIII users that only have that on the floor and need the main screen.
I am asking for a mini version of the FC6 that deletes the main screen and shrinks the form factor, maybe not as tiny as the MC6 from morning star, but something appreciably smaller than the FC6.

I understand your desire for a smaller FC-6. But shrinking it would involve cramming the footswitches closer together., and that would take away some of the joy. With the current switch spacing, you don’t have to take extra care to avoid hitting two switches at once.

I understand what you are saying @Rex , I think the fractal FCs have good spacing between buttons, its just the areas outside the buttons that seem to add a lot of bulk. Looks like about 2.5"-3" on either side of the switch on the edges and roughly 4 inches above the switch LCDs on the top. users could just place it a "safe distance" away on a pedal board or floor.

The midi controllers range in their size and layouts quite a bit which is great, the MC6 for example has switches all the way at the ends of the case. I wonder if they are too close (they very well may be!) I would like to try one, but I don't like that it doesn't truly interact with the FM3, its just there and can do some functions, but not all.

Last edited:
I actually like that it’s the same size as the FM3. Gives the whole rig a nice balance and feel IMO. Perhaps we’ve forgotten the size of the pedal boards we used to drag around 😄
I understand what you are saying @Rex , I think the fractal FCs have good spacing between buttons, its just the areas outside the buttons that seem to add a lot of bulk. Looks like about 2.5"-3" on either side of the switch on the edges and roughly 4 inches above the switch LCDs on the top. users could just place it a "safe distance" away on a pedal board or floor.

The midi controllers range in their size and layouts quite a bit which is great, the MC6 for example has switches all the way at the ends of the case. I wonder if they are too close (they very well may be!) I would like to try one, but I don't like that it doesn't truly interact with the FM3, its just there and can do some functions, but not all.
The problem is not so much shrinking the FC-6 but the FM3! In order to keep things looking uniform they would both have to be smaller and that's not possible with the amount of I/O on the back. Even the FC-6 which does have a little room but not enough to make a large enough difference.

You may have to wait for future iterations of a FAS floor unit to see if things get more compact.

I made a Mock up, and I figured I would just leave it here. May need slightly more boarder on the sides, but you get the idea. Distance between switches is unchanged, just the surrounding portions squeezed in and the main screen deleted. Back panel would just need FASLINK I/O and maybe power and USB. The other stuff would be redundant with the FM3 next to it.
Not Real.png

Last edited:
I made a Mock up, and I figured I would just leave it here. May need slightly more boarder on the sides, but you get the idea. Distance between switches is unchanged, just the surrounding portions squeezed in and the main screen deleted. Back panel would just need FASLINK I/O and maybe power and USB. The other stuff would be redundant with the FM3 next to it.
View attachment 85176

This right here would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom