Wish: Expand FC character set to include flat symbol

MikeD

Inspired
I'm not sure if this is possible to be done with an FC firmware update. Its not a big deal but I still think in terms of Eb and Bb as opposed to D# and A#. Two of the bands I play with occasionally, tune down a 1/2 step. I find the flat symbol more natural/easier/less distracting when tuning live while you are thinking about the next song's arrangement, key, ending unique to this band....

Just a wish... seems the older I get...

I'm not sure if this is possible to be done with an FC firmware update. Its not a big deal but I still think in terms of Eb and Bb as opposed to D# and A#. Two of the bands I play with occasionally, tune down a 1/2 step. I find the flat symbol more natural/easier/less distracting when tuning live while you are thinking about the next song's arrangement, key, ending unique to this band....

Just a wish... seems the older I get...

This is likely just a development choice, one developer working on the tuner on the rack unit went for flats and one developer working on the FC unit used sharps. I'm confident they will see your post and look at making the two units visually consistent.

From a moderator's reply in a similar thread:

"Not a bug. Intentional. There’s no flat symbol in the FC’s character set. Notes are equivalent."

Danny W.

From a moderator's reply in a similar thread:

"Not a bug. Intentional. There’s no flat symbol in the FC’s character set. Notes are equivalent."

Danny W.
y'know I get that to a point but the inconsistency between the Axe and FC is just sloppy IMHO. When you're at a gig and need to do a quick retune in between songs you shouldn't have to process that.

y'know I get that to a point but the inconsistency between the Axe and FC is just sloppy IMHO. When you're at a gig and need to do a quick retune in between songs you shouldn't have to process that.

I suspect that adding the flat symbol is not a trivial matter.

Danny W.

Back
Top Bottom