Wish: CabLab3 IR alignment in mm units

Joe Bfstplk

Axe-Master
The cab block uses mm for aligning IRs.
CabLab3 uses ms.

Can CabLab be updated so it keeps the alignment range it currently has, but goes in 0.1mm steps, or at least the same steps that the cab block is capable of? It is currently not always possible to duplicate an arrangement of cabs in the cab block using CabLab3, which makes submixing them to save CPU sometimes impossible.

+1

In the meantime, @FractalAudio, is there a conversion between the two units? Is it best to just let Cab-Lab auto align in Min Phase mode. Also, what is the slope for the cuts in Cab-Lab? 12db?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this just came up in my workflow again.... what's the relationship between distance mm in Axe Edit/CAB block and delay ms in Cab Lab?

For example, if I adjust the CAB->Align->Distance in Axe Edit to 13.6mm, is the delay .36ms, or .04ms in Cab Lab?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this just came up in my workflow again.... what's the relationship between distance mm in Axe Edit/CAB block and delay ms in Cab Lab?

For example, if I adjust the CAB->Align->Distance in Axe Edit to 13.6mm, is the delay .36ms, or .04ms in Cab Lab?
I asked before but I don't remember if I got an answer...

Edit:

Search for the win!

See the reply from @Joe Bfstplk here:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/cab-block-vs-cab-lab-mixes.156217/post-1860222

Back
Top Bottom