WISH: AX8 sticky mode for FC controllers

Lightningboy

Experienced
I find this really useful on my Ax8 when I have to jump to another preset not in order. My layout on the Ax8 is almost like a "per preset" mode on the FC12 with a combination of scenes and IA stomps. When I need to get to another preset I hit F1 hold and it brings up a preset layout. Hit the preset to change and it's back to my "per preset" layout of stomps and scenes or I can jump up or down a bank.

Only way I can see doing this at the moment is to change layouts select the preset and change the layout again to switch to per preset. Not exactly smooth if on the fly switching is needed for songs randomly added in the set.

Perform 1 and 2 modes do something similar and you can assign the presets (just so happens I use 8) but doesn't have the capacity in Perform 2 to add enough effects for all those 8 presets as well as adding scenes. Something like Perform one jumping to Per Preset would also work (Perform 2 mode basically is substituted for Per Preset mode).

Think I've just solved this with Layout Link.
Perform 1 and use the "effects" button and assign that to Layout Link to per preset mode. That does the trick.

Hope that's useful if anyone wants that functionality and hasn't worked it out yet! (like me lol)

Yes, layout link is the trick. It's a powerful feature in a tidy package.

I've seen someone do this already:

1. From MAIN layout, tap to PRESETS layout.
2. On PRESETS layout, tap any switch to select that preset and link back to MAIN.
3. On PRESETS layout, hold any switch to select that preset and change to a copy of the the Presets layout... one with no links, so it's sticky. (Tip: Use different ring colors!)
4. On the STICKY layout, hold any switch to return to load that preset and link to MAIN.

PS: The above works with scenes or anything else too...
PPS: This talk makes me wonder if we should envision a function which disables/enables layout links. "STICKY LAYOUT MODE"

PS: The above works with scenes or anything else too...
PPS: This talk makes me wonder if we should envision a function which disables/enables layout links. "STICKY LAYOUT MODE"
i understand the concept, but not sure of the implementation. the need for sticky or not changes throughout the night and on a whim at times, so what would the input be? definitely down to brainstorm this concept.

the setup you described above is a great idea though, and can be used now.

Back
Top Bottom