WISH : AX8 Send/Return blocks [IMPLEMENTED (FM3/FM9)]

fractalz

Power User
I'm using a mag/piezo guitar and using the FX Loop in for the pizeo. That means that my FXLoop block appears early in the grid. I'm only using one FX Loop input and thought of putting my H9 in the other FXLoop channel.

Problem is, I can't route the post-cab output back to the early column FXLoop since there are no Send/Return blocks on the AX8.

Wish is for Send/Return blocks like we have in the AxeFX II.

Hmm... I may be able to hard-wire this if I pan my output to OUT1 L and use OUT1 R as an FX-send... Have to try this out...

Hi Fractalz,

I'm also interested I'm still unsure howI can connect my H9 to the AX8! I'll be ordering my AX8 tom. and one of my concerns is how I can connect my H9 and have 2 separate outs. A stereo out with the cab sim, and a mono our stereo out connected to a tube amplifier's power section.

Hi Fractalz,

I'm also interested I'm still unsure howI can connect my H9 to the AX8! I'll be ordering my AX8 tom. and one of my concerns is how I can connect my H9 and have 2 separate outs. A stereo out with the cab sim, and a mono our stereo out connected to a tube amplifier's power section.

That will be no problem.

My issue is that I also use IN2 for my piezo and that prevents me from positioning the FXLoop block post-amp/pre-cab.

If you just have a regular guitar input, you can do what you describe easily.

That will be no problem.

The way the OP wants to connect it will be a problem he wants to use the H9 in conjunction with having a separate out to run an amp as well as FOH. The Effects block can only be used for one or the other not both situations.

OUT1 -> stereo final out to PA

OUT2 -> mono pre-cab output

OUT2L -> power amp
OUT2R -> H9

IN2 <- stero return from H9 -> Cab

You could also get mono H9 to both Ax8 and power amp, but not stereo.

There are 4 outputs so you have to allocate them across PA, Power Amp and FX.

OUT1 -> stereo final out to PA

OUT2 -> mono pre-cab output

OUT2L -> power amp
OUT2R -> H9

IN2 <- stero return from H9 -> Cab
the h9 signal won't come back out of Out 2, or else it would feedback loop into your out2r signal.

Back
Top Bottom