WISH: Allow hold function to optionally trigger on release

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
In discussion in the thread linked below, @Bakerman had a great idea: allow the hold function to optionally trigger on button release instead of on the hold timer.

Obviously, you would need to hold the button longer than the timer... But with this option, instead of triggering when the timer pops the function would trigger when the button is released.

The advantage is that you can now more accurately use hold functions for things that are more time critical, like scene changes.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fc-6-8-scenes-and-6-switches.151819/

I assumed that this was how it worked. But found out that it didn't once I finally got a hold of an FC-6. I have been planning on staying with non time critical functions for the 'hold' switches. Count me in.

+ + + + + + + + 1

I've always avoided hold functions on the AX8 because of the timing. This would be so much more useful for the FM3.

This option will be available in the next release of the Axe-FX III firmware (SETUP -> FC Controllers -> Config page -> "Hold Function Execute Mode").

A parameter was also added to the Utility/Reveal Hold function so it can be MOMENTARY/TOGGLE. It didn't work so well if it was a hold function and execute mode was set to SWITCH UP.

This option will be available in the next release of the Axe-FX III firmware (SETUP -> FC Controllers -> Config page -> "Hold Function Execute Mode").

A parameter was also added to the Utility/Reveal Hold function so it can be MOMENTARY/TOGGLE. It didn't work so well if it was a hold function and execute mode was set to SWITCH UP.
Awesome. Thanks.

You folks at FAS are simply....da BOMB!! :bomb::bomb:👍

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom