Wish allow Control Switch as modifier source for Channel Select

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
I would really love it if there was a way to use a Control Switch as a modifier or "trigger" for block channel Select.

I'm not exactly how it would work, but even if it were limited to a "toggle" type of behavior where it could be used to change between 2 channels it would be really useful.

There have been other requests to allow multiple blocks to be "channel synced", and this could be a way to do that.

Otherwise, maybe a new type of switch could be created to allow being a Channel Select modifier source, which could be assigned to multiple blocks.

I know this could be done with Scenes, but my kitchen sink presets are all full with 8 scenes already used. In many cases, simply changing channel on several blocks would replace a scene.

I requested this feature a while back, to have a modifier attach to channel select. Along with a hold function to show all 4 channels allowing access to all 4 channels (the way the RJM works). If I recall Matt said it's been noted. Hopefully it's coming... soon... ;-)

Last edited:
Definitely wish something like this existed. With all the power of the III, I'm finding that I'm often hitting limitations with how to harness all the power of a preset with scenes and control switches. I mainly use kitchen-sink style presets with 5 Control Switches to keep certain items persistent across scene changes. This feature would at-least allow us to change block channels and hopefully have those stick across scene changes.

No idea how much work is involved here, but sure hope this gets some needed attention.

+1 - the ability to tell any block to listen to the scene's channel setting or to any particular block's channel setting in the preset would really open up a lot of possibilities.

Bump yet again.

This would allow the Axe-FX to act like a normal amp combined with a separate FX rack. The amp channel setting could persist across FX preset changes (scenes), just like they do in a traditional rig.

+a bunch for this.

I was just trying to figure out how to do this, and unfortunately, you folks are confirming that it's not currently possible.

Would be nice, but one limitation is Control Switches don't allow discrete values. They are two state on/off switches so their controller values would be either 0 or 127 (0% or 100%). You'd only be able to toggle between channels A and D with them.

Would be nice, but one limitation is Control Switches don't allow discrete values. They are two state on/off switches so their controller values would be either 0 or 127 (0% or 100%). You'd only be able to toggle between channels A and D with them.
Actually, if you set one to 50% and a second to 25% as the two control switches added together modifying a channel, it should be possible to get 0, 32, 64, and 127 out of the two if the channels were set up to be keyed to ranges as I mentioned.

I am already using the dual controller inputs to a modifier in almost every preset as a way of controlling a parameter via two switches (one momentary, one latching) the same way one controls a hallway or stairway light from a switch at either end....

There are no value settings for Control Switches. They are either on or off. You might be thinking of scene controllers, which can be set anywhere between 0% and 100%.

Edit - Oh I see what you are doing. You're using the Scale parameter for the source to change the value range for each control switch. Clever.

Wouldn't they scales need to be set to 33.3% and 66.6% to give the full range of the modifier though (or at least 99.9% of it)? 50% and 25% would only give you 75% total with both switches on.

Last edited:
There are no value settings for Control Switches. They are either on or off. You might be thinking of scene controllers, which can be set anywhere between 0% and 100%.

Edit - Oh I see what you are doing. You're using the Scale parameter for the source to change the value range for each control switch. Clever.
Not 10% as clever as @Bakerman , but thanks. He figured out the 3-way switches logic via using 100% at middle and 0% at both ends along with the two 50% scaled controllers.

But, simple binary math? Yeah, that was me....

Edit:
If the ranges are as suggested:
0 + 0 = 0 --> A
0 + 32 = 32 --> B
64 + 0 = 64 --> C
64 + 32 = 96 --> D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom