Wish: Ability to decouple Axe Manage Window from Main Edit Window

quark

Experienced
Axe Manage is a great tool for auditioning presets but one problem that I find is that I cannot inspect the loaded preset because the Axe Manage window cannot be moved away from the main axe edit window. Forces me to go to the front panel to check out details on auditioned presets.

+1 Would be great to be able to not only inspect, but to modify the preset while you have Axe Manage open.

One work around for this is to use Al Grenadine's AxFxSend tool to load a bank or folder and then Ax Edit can be used to inspect, save, modify the preset. It's a great tool ( as are all of his tools ) but since its not officially supported by Fractal there is always some lingering concern about whether it might be modifying the preset in some unknown way when it transfers them from files to hardware ... probably not, but since the old Ax Edit was able to mangle presets it's not totally out of the question. His tools are really FAST in terms of file transfers to hardware compared to Ax Edit so that's a plus.

Axe Manage is a great tool for auditioning presets but one problem that I find is that I cannot inspect the loaded preset because the Axe Manage window cannot be moved away from the main axe edit window. Forces me to go to the front panel to check out details on auditioned presets.

+1 This would be a great feature to include.

Back
Top Bottom