Wireless with my axe...getting feedback

I FIGURED IT OUT!!! It WAS the furman the whole time.

for some reason it was interfering with the wireless when they were on top of each other. maybe its because it was a lower end furman with a built in tuner that i bought 12 years ago. I swapped it out with my high end pro furman and it works great.

once i pulled the wireless out of the rack i was able to narrow things down a bit easier. still weird though, i have no idea why that furman would interfere so badly.

oh well, at least i got it working. Now on to makin music....

I FIGURED IT OUT!!! It WAS the furman the whole time...for some reason it was interfering with the wireless when they were on top of each other. maybe its because it was a lower end furman with a built in tuner that i bought 12 years ago...
I'd bet it's that tuner. I have the same Furman box. I gave up on the tuner because of the crud it put on my signal. It's possible that the tuner is picking up signal from your wireless receiver and sending it right back through its output connection. Bingo! instant feedback.

If you've been running your signal through the Furman's tuner, try taking the tuner out of the loop. Patch straight from your wireless receiver into the Axe-FX. If the tuner is the problem, you may find that you can run with the Furman in place after all.

Either way, congratulations on finding the problem. Feels great, doesn't it?

for all G90 users ...

at the end ... which input of Axe are you using ? Have you noted some differences between front / rear input ? Do you confirm that the G90 haven't adjustable levels for input / output ?

I'm waiting for my Ultra, in the meanwhile I'm building the rack ... :geek

Alle Relay systems go inbetween guitar and amp input, so use the front input. Using the rear input means a level mismatch.

Alle Relay systems go inbetween guitar and amp input, so use the front input. Using the rear input means a level mismatch.
Is there really a level mismatch on the rear input? Both front and rear inputs can handle line level inputs according to the specs, and they both seem to handle instrument-level inputs, too. A very slight tweak of the input knob is all I've ever needed to go from one input to the other.

Is there really a level mismatch on the rear input? Both front and rear inputs can handle line level inputs according to the specs, and they both seem to handle instrument-level inputs, too. A very slight tweak of the input knob is all I've ever needed to go from one input to the other.

I'm adhering to the manual, where it's advised to use the rear inputs (18dB) for line-level inputs and the front (12db) for guitar. The G90 outputs a instrument level signal.
You're right that it's only a matter of adjusting the level, (as long as the I/O source is selected correctly in I/O).

for all G90 users ...

at the end ... which input of Axe are you using ? Have you noted some differences between front / rear input ? Do you confirm that the G90 haven't adjustable levels for input / output ?
I'm waiting for my Ultra, in the meanwhile I'm building the rack ... :geek

I have a G90. Hands down the best wireless unit for under $1200. ZZounds has them for $499 right now with the 4 payment plan. There is no level adjustments on the G90 except for the cable simulator but that's because it doesn't need one. The level is identical to a cable. I tried plugging into the rear input first but I had to crank the input level on the Axe to get the volume and signal back up and I never got it to sound or feel as good as when using the front input.
As of now I use the front input on the Axe and the only thing I've done to the G90 is to solder a 90° plug into the transmitter cable.

furman

I FIGURED IT OUT!!! It WAS the furman the whole time.

for some reason it was interfering with the wireless when they were on top of each other. maybe its because it was a lower end furman with a built in tuner that i bought 12 years ago. I swapped it out with my high end pro furman and it works great.

once i pulled the wireless out of the rack i was able to narrow things down a bit easier. still weird though, i have no idea why that furman would interfere so badly.

oh well, at least i got it working. Now on to makin music....

I'd suggest this is an EMC radiating problem of the Furman, you could try to put a metallic earthed shielding plate between the furman & the akg unit or filter the power line of the Furman (more complicated and potentially expensive). For testing you can just use kitchen Aluminum foil connected to the rack chassis. It might work & you could keep the AKG in the rack & the rack will look terribly like stallite stuff or a "Startrek" equipment :)))) ...

Rgds

thanks for the tip...when i used my other PL II pro furman it worked fine. its just that particular furman that was having issues.
sounds great now.
just had my first live show with the axe...sounded great. however i do think ill need another atomic wedge for the stage. unless end up going with an in ear setup on stage

There is no level adjustments on the G90 except for the cable simulator but that's because it doesn't need one. The level is identical to a cable. I tried plugging into the rear input first but I had to crank the input level on the Axe to get the volume and signal back up and I never got it to sound or feel as good as when using the front input

Thanks for the suggestions ! 8)

I'll make a a cable with an agle plug to use it in the front input !

Back
Top Bottom