Wireless System from Guitar to FM3

The same way you did ... :)
I chose not to get one actually. But my buddy who owns a Line 6 amp with built in wireless keeps bugging me to get one because he enjoys his so much. I remind him I live in apartment and would only need one to take a piss or get the mail while still playing. Hmm, maybe he's right.

My main beef with these cheaper micro systems is that all I tried so far don't work well when your guitar volume is way low. This is exacerbated by single coils, esp. low output ones. My explanation is that they have a minimum input threshold and below that they simply don't transmit the signal.

Some are so bad that when I reduce volume to clean up a dirty rhythm patch the sounds becomes crackly, half coming through and half not.

Even the better ones don't excel in another application I have, which is, while volume on the guitar is at zero, strike a harmonics, and then increase the volume knob. All of them come in abruptly once you are higher than their threshold.

Would anyone know for certain that their favorite system is doing better in these two applications?

My main beef with these cheaper micro systems is that all I tried so far don't work well when your guitar volume is way low. This is exacerbated by single coils, esp. low output ones. My explanation is that they have a minimum input threshold and below that they simply don't transmit the signal.

Some are so bad that when I reduce volume to clean up a dirty rhythm patch the sounds becomes crackly, half coming through and half not.

Even the better ones don't excel in another application I have, which is, while volume on the guitar is at zero, strike a harmonics, and then increase the volume knob. All of them come in abruptly once you are higher than their threshold.

Would anyone know for certain that their favorite system is doing better in these two applications?
I like how a real fuzz pedal cleans up when you turn down the guitar's volume almost off. If wireless systems have a problem with that , they're not for me.

On paper, the BOSS WL-60 seems to be perfect for my needs, but there are so few reviews out there and not so good comments on it's reliability, yet other models in the family seems to get high praise.

Used a Line 6 G-50 for about 10 years now. Never an issue. Small and large stages. Indoors and outdoors. I bought a new one about 2 years ago for another rig and it was total crap. Constant dropouts. Returned it for a G-90 and have had no issues with it.

I tried the 2.4ghz systems from line6 and Shure (GLXD16) and had to ditch them -- not consistent enough signal or range in crowded wifi environments.

If you want lower cost, consistent and reliable, I recommend a used Shure SLX4.
If you want minimal compromises at higher cost, you can find a used Shure QLXD4 system.

I have both. For a long time it was just SLX4 on vocal wireless. Then I upgraded vocal wireless to QLXD4 system and moved guitar to the SLX4, which was a huge improvement in signal & range consistency over 2.4ghz. Of course the QLXD4 system is really nice.

I have been really impressed with the Shure GLXD16 I bought a couple of years ago. It was my first wireless system, but all my mates that have used other makes said the Shure I had was better than anything they had previously used.

Back
Top Bottom