Wireless System from Guitar to FM3

vika12

Experienced
Does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable wireless system from guitar to the FM3? Thanks.

I've used a G30 for years.
20201224-170049.jpg

I can highly recommend the Boss WL-50 which I am currently using with my FM3.
It has replaced the Line6 G10s (which in turn replaced the Relay G10 for me). Both G10 systems were not able to handle the output of my Dingwall NG3 Bass and clipped in a nasty fashion. The G10 had a flimsy usb power supply socket and both units (G10 and G10s) suffered from shortened battery life after updating to the latest firmware which was recommended to do due to potential fire hazard. Line6 released a supposedly improved G10II version now though.

A nice plus from a practical perspective is that the Boss WL-50 has an input to which you can easily connect your guitar via a standard cable in case your battery is empty or you have signal interference issues.

Last edited:
WL-50 is a good unit provided you are the only one using one in your band. The unit is well designed. If you have others using the same wireless unit on their board, it becomes a pain in the rear. You have to re-set them every time. Playing live at a larger more open venue, we weren't able to use them due to interference as certain locations.

I moved to the Sennheiser XSW-D pedalboard units and haven't had any issues with interference or connections. Just turn on and go. I added in a small Disaster area connector to allow me to go cable if there is an issue.

I use a $50 Westshell from Amazon, it works great! I have a powered USB hub on my board already, so I leave the receiver plugged in the whole time to my Instrument IN and USB power so its always charged (same with transmitter when not in my guitar).

Whats the difference or benefit of what I’ve got vs. some of the more ‘pedal like’ systems mentioned above?

I've got a Line 6 Relay G75 mounted in a road case along with my FM3. It sounds fantastic and I think it's the lowest latency of any consumer digital wireless. It's the same model I use with my larger rig, so that makes it simpler too. I installed everything I needed in the case so I can just pop the lid. Even the XLR cable from the FM3 and power cord from the tripp-lite coil in the upper left of the case. Looks like I need to invest in a hand vacuum though ;-)

PXL_20210620_222246378.jpg

I use a Boss WL50 at home and a Shure GLXD16 at rehearsal. Both work well. Live I prefer cables as I dont move around much anyway. :)

I used in the past for many years a Line6 relay G50 but switched 2 years ago to G10 and recently to G10s dew to the form factor.
Excellent system, very happy.
Had a gig awhile ago and me and the bass player both used a G10 system with no issues at all.

X2 XDS95. Best cheap wireless ever in my opinion. Never had even a single problem with it for 12 years of usage. Can not notice difference to a good cable with it too.

Back
Top Bottom