Wireless system for Axe FX II - Any recommendation?

It only stayed "locked" for the first couple of gigs. Then the spring in the lock failed. I tried several cables and it happened to all of them so it wasn't a one-off. Clearly a design fault with the connector.

The line 6 has a locking t4af connector... How did it fall out?

Line6 G50 has been great for me - but I also had problems with the transmitter cable lock.
In my case, the plastic lip on the transmitter socket that engages with the spring clip on the plug is worn and no longer secures the cable.
Gaffer tape solved it!

I would say the Relay G90 is the way to go. Two small drawbacks: 1. cable that comes with it is the biggest piece of shit on the planet. Order another one from day one regardless of what any other users say because if you gig that thing will fail soon. 2. The transmitter cable lock could be a problem. We have several transmitters we use and the ones that work are fine, the one that we have problems with needs the tape. I think tolerances are not very tight at Line 6 so they let stuff through that shouldn't.

Sonically its rock solid. No experience with feedback since I rarely do that but if you do the Senheiser might be your ticket then.

Hello,

but what about latency?. Is it a good idea to use two digital devices (wireless, AXE) and go AD-DA --- AD-DA?
This will increase the overall latency. An analog system doesn't produce any latency. I'm very satisfied with my Shure SLX 4.

I don't think the latency is noticeable at all. There is some there, but it's under 4ms, according to L6.

Like I said, there are good analog systems out there. They still make up the majority of the wireless systems in use by a wide, wide margin. I debated whether or not to replace my Sennheiser for a long time, and eventually decided to do so. The difference isn't night and day, but it is definitely there to my ears. I could absolutely understand someone who has a quality analog system deciding not to upgrade. But for someone who doesn't yet have a wireless, I think the L6 units are the frontrunners, easily. Yet having said that, there are some great analog systems out there, and if someone decides to go that route instead, I wouldn't fault them. In fact, I'll be looking for such a person soon to buy my old system. :)

I custom made my own cables and it holds just fine at this point. I am disappointed to hear that some are finding the socket has issues, but knock on wood, so far mine's great.

It only stayed "locked" for the first couple of gigs. Then the spring in the lock failed. I tried several cables and it happened to all of them so it wasn't a one-off. Clearly a design fault with the connector.

Same thing had happened to me, it's a known design issue. The lug is on the transmitter, not the cable connector. I fixed it with three cable ties so now the cable is fixed in permenantly and I can still get to the batteries, switches and display. Not ideal but in all other respects the G90 is a great system.

G30-whatever the cheapest line6 is. No issues, except for battery eating-fresh batteries for any full gig is a good idea. There is a new G55 coming out as well, if that hasnt been mentioned. Half-rack sized.

I use the G-90 and gig constantly. Never had a problem. Sounds great. Never had a problem with the cable either. Guess some others have, but I have not. As for comments like "the cable will absolutely fail..." perhaps, but after countless gigs under a wide variety of environments using the G-90 for over a year, I'm still waiting for that to happen. There are a number of great wireless units out there for under a grand. The G-90 is one of them. Latency has not been a problem for me either. Just my 2 cents.

I use the G-90 and gig constantly. Never had a problem. Sounds great. Never had a problem with the cable either. Guess some others have, but I have not. As for comments like "the cable will absolutely fail..." perhaps, but after countless gigs under a wide variety of environments using the G-90 for over a year, I'm still waiting for that to happen. There are a number of great wireless units out there for under a grand. The G-90 is one of them. Latency has not been a problem for me either. Just my 2 cents.

Line 6 may have fixed the issue with later models, there absolutely was a design flaw with the early G90's though.

I use 2 XD-V75s and they work great. I also have an X2 XDR95 that's done me well for a number of years. I looked at the G90, but I wanted to cut down on space in my rack so 2 half rack V75s made more sense. I also wanted the longer range so the G30 and G50 weren't an option. The Shure cable is not too bad. I needed one in a pinch and that was all that was available at that time and place. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it was built.

Back
Top Bottom