wireless settings Sennheiser EWD1 digital

Harm

Experienced
Hi all,
I found out that somehow my wireless unit was setup wrong. Long story short: I did a factory reset. Now I notice a difference between straight from the guitar and via the wireless. Of course I am not so naieve to think it should be 100% the same, but I'd like to make sure that I at least have it setup right. I turned the output up from 0 to 10 decibel. Now it is close to the guitar direct level.
Anything else I should adjust on either the wireless system or the axe?
I am using the front "in" on the axe and the output on the wireless is set to "line" btw.

Thanks in advance, Harm

TX. I am a/b ing, but it sounds much brighter straight from guitar to axe.
I am going to try a different cable from Sennheiser to axe now..

TX. I am a/b ing, but it sounds much brighter straight from guitar to axe.
I am going to try a different cable from Sennheiser to axe now..
welcome to wireless :)

refer to the owner's manual of the wireless to see if there are options to change the tone of the wireless pack.

Yeah. Lol. Only option I see is using the eq. Not doing that. I’d rather use the eq in the axe. Im going to order a new cable from the belt pack to the guitar. My best bet is that there lies the Prob. Its not the original cable. That one died and I replaced it with the cable from my belt pack of the ew100 that I had before.

Yeah. Lol. Only option I see is using the eq. Not doing that. I’d rather use the eq in the axe.
if you do that, then switch to a regular cable for any reason, those EQ changes will affect the cable tone. i'd do what you can on the wireless to get it to match a cable. then they're more similar. that's why wireless may have EQ options.

if you do that, then switch to a regular cable for any reason, those EQ changes will affect the cable tone. i'd do what you can on the wireless to get it to match a cable. then they're more similar. that's why wireless may have EQ options.

Very true. Thanks. I’ll order a new cable to eliminate that as a cause for the difference in sound (brightness). Then eq the wireless like you suggested. Tx!

Back
Top Bottom