Wireless guitar system suggestions

Sugaragus

Hey all....any suggestions on wireless guitar systems? I’m not looking to spend much as we mainly play in basement and about 4-5 shows a year at bars that hold less than 150 ppl. We always go through our PA and my guitar will always be within 20 feet of where it’s plugged in. Thanks and let me know what you all suggest.

If that's your situation, why do you want/need to go wireless?
Are you wedges or IEM for monitors?
What's your budget? - cuz tbh, you get what you pay for in wireless.
The most common ones I see (or read about) are - no specific order:
  • Shure GLXD16
  • L6 G series (10, 30, 50, 75, 90)
There are also those that are little plugs .. like this
Wireless Guitar System

Do some research.. "best" is relative to how much you wanna spend!

Last edited:
NUX B-5RC. My son got me one of these for my birthday. $150, couldn’t be any simpler to use. I haven’t tried it on a gig yet, but I have my AF3 in an upstairs bedroom; I walked downstairs and across the house to the basement door. No dropouts at all. It has a standard full audio spectrum setting (default) and then another setting that mimics a 20’ cable. The two pieces come in a little carrying case that doubles as a charger. Available on amazon.

For a datapoint, I use the Shure. Lovely little unit, sounds great (i.e. not at all), and has a really slick battery recharger built into it. Buy an extra battery ($30 or so) and you're ready for anything.

I have been using the line 6 G50 for about three years and it works great. Never have had a problem out door or indoor.
And it’s not hard on your wallet.

Awesome. Thanks everyone for the input. @s0c9...was thinking that for live shows it may be hard to plug the guitar right into the Axe if I don’t have it rack mounted. I’ll have to look into how and where to have it for a show. We playing in April so I have some time to figure it out.

I have the Line 6 G90, which replaced a perfectly good G30 (because I wanted a rack mount receiver). For your expected use, the G30 would work great.

So I've had a few, longest has been the Shure glx d. Great battery life however, as the years go I'm getting more and more glitches with interference. I think the increase in wifi items its only going to get worse. Digital mixers, multiple ipads and iphones around... I had a worse experience with the line 6 g10s, unusable at a show. I'm starting to just use my cable more and more.... I think what sskkmm said above, maybe go the QLXD route.

I use the GLXD16, and I bought it for a few reasons- the wireless pack is metal and tough as nails, but the battery, while proprietary, lasts for a really long time- and when it's time to recharge, the charger is right there in the unit- no extra cables or adapters- so I got an extra battery, and just charge one while the other is being used. It works perfectly- no complaints at all about audio quality or dropouts- it's been rock solid since the day I got it.

Back
Top Bottom