Wireless guitar recommendations

jiagap

Inspired
With Black Friday deals, I am interested in maybe going wireless on my guitar to AX8. Looking at ads, they run from $40 to $200 and probably way beyond that. I would prefer to stay under $100, but that may not be possible for quality. Any recommendations and/or warnings with reasons would be helpful. I do not need the best, just need to work well.

Thanks!

I've got a Line6 G10 and a Nux B5RC. For small stage or studio use they're great. I like the G10 form factor where the receiver doubles as a charger and you can just leave it plugged in. I don't like the way the transmitter sticks out from the guitar though. The Nux folds, so on a Les Paul style guitar it tucks in against the body. If I could combine the G10 receiver design with the Nux transmitter design I'd have an ideal unit. Audio quality is great on both of them. The battery life is better on the Nux. Line6 came out with a firmware update a year ago that, for safety reasons, reduced the battery charge limit, so it doesn't last as long as it used to.

I am using the BOSS wl50, no issues at all.

i put the Transmitter on a small extension and into my strap so it does not stick out awkwardly.

Get a used Line 6

Back in the day I would have recommended a Nady... but given the rush of china wireless junk- I'd avoid everything out there the last few years.

Line 6 relay g50 here, only had it for a few gigs but seems fine to me, currently looking at way of making it rack mountable.

+1 for the Line 6 G30 and G50 systems. But I guess it depends on what you want to do, if all you're aiming for is to be stationary near your board but you just hate cables the G10 is perfectly good too. If you want to take a scroll during gigs, use the longer ranged versions.

How much do these systems affect your guitar tone, and in what ways?
I have a Line 6 G30 and a G90. Started with the G30, but it's now just my backup in the event the G90 were to go down at a gig. To my ears, they don't affect the tone in a negative way at all. Both have settings to emulate the capacitance added by a guitar cable (essentially a treble roll-off). I don't recall if I'm using that feature or not, but I like the way both units sound.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. At this point I am debating within myself between the Carvin WG5 and the Nux B5RC. I like the simplicity of this format. Any thoughts on the differences? The big one is the 2.4 vs 5.8 operating band. Is that significant either way? Welcome any comments on these two....

Thanks

Which wireless units have background hiss? I recall some people saying some units have audible hiss or white noise. My Line6 G50 seems silent.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. At this point I am debating within myself between the Carvin WG5 and the Nux B5RC. I like the simplicity of this format. Any thoughts on the differences? The big one is the 2.4 vs 5.8 operating band. Is that significant either way? Welcome any comments on these two....

One thing that I was disappointed with on the B5RC: I want to plug into the back of my AxeFX and connect it to power. That way I would never need to think about charging it. However, it only operates when it's disconnected from power.

Just ordered the Carvins........ hope they will be a great improvement to tripping over my cable....

Back
Top Bottom