Wireless for Fm9

JPS225

Inspired
Anyone have a wireless you suggest? I have the Boss WL-50, but I'm getting a noticeable tone loss when I use it instead of a cable. I know hardwired will always be better. Anyone have the Sennhieser XSW?

Went with the WL-20L and it's been pretty damn solid, but I'd probably go with a higher-end model if I were still performing.

Anyone using wireless that doesn’t depend so heavily on line of sight? My Line 6 G50 is great but if I lose line of sight it’s susceptible to dropouts.

Another Sennheiser XSW-D user here works great. We use Sennheiser XSW for our lead vocalist as well in our band and it works great for that as well.

Anyone using wireless that doesn’t depend so heavily on line of sight? My Line 6 G50 is great but if I lose line of sight it’s susceptible to dropouts.
When the receiver sits on the floor, you’re susceptible to all kinds of stuff. Even that FM9 or expression pedal sitting right next to it can cause problems. Keep your wireless receiver as far away from other stuff — and as high off the floor — as you can. Those who mount their wireless under the pedalboard, with the antennas poking through, pay a price for that convenience. The most sensitive part of the antenna is the part closest to the receiver. Keep that part as high and as in the clear as you can.

And if you have a diversity receiver with two antennas, orient them differently from each other. That will extend your coverage.

When the receiver sits on the floor, you’re susceptible to all kinds of stuff. Even that FM9 or expression pedal sitting right next to it can cause problems. Keep your wireless receiver as far away from other stuff — and as high off the floor — as you can. Those who mount their wireless under the pedalboard, with the antennas poking through, pay a price for that convenience. The most sensitive part of the antenna is the part closest to the receiver. Keep that part as high and as in the clear as you can.

And if you have a diversity receiver with two antennas, orient them differently from each other. That will extend your coverage.
I use the G50 these days. You think paddle antennae will get me much more mileage? They’re not cheap but maybe setting up one in the backline ?

Another Shure GLX 16 user the only time I have had an issue is when I'm right next to a wireless rougher, but I would be willing to bet that any wireless unit in that price range would have the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom