Windows Driver (Output Port)

6L6C

Power User
Installed the new Windows (Vista) USB driver and AF does come up in device manager fine.
When I open Fractal Bot I can select the dropdown menu for the AF II, and it checks itself. I can also select input port (AF II) and it checks itself. I can also select output port (AF II) but this time it does not check itself and from there of coarse wont browse for the firmware.

Sooooo go to backup Midi-Ox!
Same problem, it sees the AF II output port but when I select it I hit OK, get an error message.
“AXE-FX II An invalid parameter was passed to a system function.”

Needless to say tried a few installs, restarts of the computer and AF II, however the end result is always the same. This is a first for me, have never had a problem updating. Little bit lost right now, I can still update with another computer but wanted to see if anyone was having a similar issue.
John

What happened, what was the final resolution? I had some funny stuff going on with both Fractal Bot and Midi-ox after the new USB driver install. I got Fractal Bot working, but midi-ox still can't connect from midi-ox event output to AFXII input. I can't connect the two, therefore I can't use midi-ox at the moment. It could be my own issue with limited knowledge of midi-ox, but I had no problems before this USB driver update.

Thanks!

What happened, what was the final resolution? I had some funny stuff going on with both Fractal Bot and Midi-ox after the new USB driver install. I got Fractal Bot working, but midi-ox still can't connect from midi-ox event output to AFXII input. I can't connect the two, therefore I can't use midi-ox at the moment. It could be my own issue with limited knowledge of midi-ox, but I had no problems before this USB driver update.

Thanks!
Nate, which OS and version ?? It may make a difference.. I KNOW this new Win driver was explicitly TESTED on Win8x64, Win7x64, XP32 and XP64.. and passed with flying colors... it's faster than the earlier versions, and there were no reported issues w/ Fractal Bot.

Thanks!

Uninstalled and reinstalled several times and the results were always the same, contacted support as javajunkie suggested, called it a day. Sunday started fooling with it again during the uninstall process I always checked to make sure the “Fractal Audio Systems” deleted as should, and it did every time.
By default the path is C:\Program Files\Fractal Audio Systems\Axe-Fx II USB Driver, I got it in my head to change the path to C:\Program Files\Fractal Audio Systems1\Axe-Fx II USB Driver after I changed the path the driver worked perfect. Fractal Bot, Midi Ox, Sonar XI, all programs were working with the midi input and now output ports.

But of course I’m a glutton for punishment and could not stop there, so uninstalled again. Reinstalled but this time left the default path alone C:\Program Files\Fractal Audio Systems\Axe-Fx II USB Driver and it worked again all communications were perfect second time in a row. So of course this had to be a fluke: so uninstalled and reinstalled using the default path again and it worked again, but this time I left it alone.

John

Nate, which OS and version ?? It may make a difference.. I KNOW this new Win driver was explicitly TESTED on Win8x64, Win7x64, XP32 and XP64.. and passed with flying colors... it's faster than the earlier versions, and there were no reported issues w/ Fractal Bot.

I'm running Windows 7x64.

Like I said, I need to revisit my midi-ox and figure out again how to map the event port to the AXEFX midi in port. For some reason, I can't do this. Both ports show up on the input side of the screen, so I cannot connect the two. I can connect the midi-ox event port over to the AXE FX Output port, but not the input. I'm sure this is not a driver issue, but my own midi-ox incompetence.

Fractal bot seems to be working fine however...

Back
Top Bottom