Windows 8 support in the next drop?

Clickonce

Inspired
Just got a new computer with windows 8 x64. Was unable to install the USB drivers and came across a post that said windows 8 was not supported.

Wondering if the next drop will address that.

Thanks.

They are supported! You just need to switch the installer over to Windows7 compatibility mode.

I got it running on my system. I think I had to do do what matt said and also run as administrator. It was a while ago.

I am on Win8 64. All I did was run the compatibility trouble shooter. No problems. Recording Axe-FX via usb into reaper on my 27" acer touch screen. coooooooooool.

-Phil

I recently installed windows 8, and basically I got the Fractal USB to half ass run, The fractal logo doesn't show up on my taskbar and the application won't open to see all those settings and what not. Also, it doesn't show up as ASIO anymore like it did in windows 7 for me. Now it runs off the MME/Direct X Driver as Axe Fx Line in.... Do it need to reinstall ASIO drivers or something?

I am on Win8 64. All I did was run the compatibility trouble shooter. No problems. Recording Axe-FX via usb into reaper on my 27" acer touch screen. coooooooooool.

-Phil

Same here. No issues. However I may and probably will go back to Win7.

I recently installed windows 8, and basically I got the Fractal USB to half ass run, The fractal logo doesn't show up on my taskbar and the application won't open to see all those settings and what not. Also, it doesn't show up as ASIO anymore like it did in windows 7 for me. Now it runs off the MME/Direct X Driver as Axe Fx Line in.... Do it need to reinstall ASIO drivers or something?

I would uninstall then install in compatibility mode.

I would uninstall then install in compatibility mode.

I did this a couple times, I'll do it again and show the error messages I get in the Fractal installer. I went into device manager and went into the properties menu for each driver and searched for the drivers, selected them, and that is where I got with it showing up as line in. I'll repeat my process and include pictures. If it works for everyone else with windows 8 it should work with mine I'm guessing. I don't want to go back to windows 7 quite yet, I wanna get this to work.

Back
Top Bottom