Windows 8.1 tablets with AXE FX

JRod4928

Power User
I know tablets with Windows RT can't install executable files, and thus can't use Fractal Bot or AXE Edit... but what about Windows 8.1?

Can I get a Windows 8.1 based tablet to use with the Axe FX?

I can't speak specifically for Windows 8.1 but Windows 10 will work on a tablet. I just picked up a Microsoft Surface 3 and it runs Axe Edit and Fractal Bot perfectly. I have 99.99% confidence that 8.1 will work fine too. It's just a standard OS.

BTW, various Surface models can be had with Windows 8.1 but at the time it was more expensive than Windows 10.

Makes sense. I was looking for a cheap cheap option to run axe edit.... looks like the Winbook TW series is a good option and has been used on this forum before.

Running Win8.1 on a Surface Pro 3 here, never any issues. I've used a USB hub hanging off the side to several devices and more recently grabbed a docking station which is fantastic.

8.1 will work. The only thing you have to shy away from are ARM processors / WinRT for the reasons you stated. The Venue tablet is pretty tiny and will work fine... they can be found for pretty cheap.

I've got a Dell tablet, worked fine on 8.1 and I just ran the free update to Win 10. Works fine, Win 10 is a nice improvement.

My main laptop currently has 8.1 on it, and its the only device computer I have used with my Axe since I bought the Axe. No problems.

Back
Top Bottom