Windows 11?

I ran everything under Win 11 a couple weeks ago with no problems. That said, I went back to 10 because some of the features I like in 10 were removed by Micro$oft in 11.

I ran everything under Win 11 a couple weeks ago with no problems. That said, I went back to 10 because some of the features I like in 10 were removed by Micro$oft in 11.
Like what? (Anticipating the day when I won't have a choice about going to 11. If I'm allowed to do that...)

Like what? (Anticipating the day when I won't have a choice about going to 11. If I'm allowed to do that...)
One minor convenience of taskbar icon grouping is missing, but the big thing for me is Internet Explorer is gone. We have a security system that requires IE - IE compatibility mode in Edge won't cut it - in order to use it. For us that's a deal-breaker. Contacted the manufacturer and they said it'll happen but (in so many words) "don't hold your breath".

I thought Microsoft was going to make it one more every year but still call it 10?
That's kind of what I remember also.

Oh well no Windows 11 for me right now, my main machine doesn't cut the mustard with hardware (processor and secure boot to be precise) four years old.
Still a power house, so have no intentions of building a new machine just to have Windows 11. Of coarse will by 2025, or unless there are some big innovations in hardware.

One minor convenience of taskbar icon grouping is missing, but the big thing for me is Internet Explorer is gone. We have a security system that requires IE - IE compatibility mode in Edge won't cut it - in order to use it. For us that's a deal-breaker. Contacted the manufacturer and they said it'll happen but (in so many words) "don't hold your breath".

You "security system" sounds like it needs a serious upgrade or replacement.

Vendor response doesn't sound like they care about your business at all. IE as a requirement is a boat anchor. Vote with your feet.

Like I said before, not a cheap investment. Not too easy to just walk away and get another system. Got the system about 4 years ago so it's not that old.

Back
Top Bottom