Windows 10 USB audio stops

Updating my comment. I may have a different issue. I can't get USB audio out of windows for anything. I haven't had much time to play lately so I chalked it up to user error when reassembling my computer desk but now I'm not so sure.

Things I've tried:
Two separate USB cables straight into PC.
Updating to 14.04
Reinstalled FAS drivers
Reinstalled USB Firmware
Restarting computer and Axe-FX.
Axe FX is availible and selected as my output device in windows. I just get zero sound out of it.

Check the USB input level in the I/O menu USB/AES page. Make sure USB 1/2 is at 0 dB. Also, make sure the volume is turned up in Windows and is not muted there.

Check the USB input level in the I/O menu USB/AES page. Make sure USB 1/2 is at 0 dB. Also, make sure the volume is turned up in Windows and is not muted there.

I have made sure of both of these, thank you. I'll fiddle with it all again during the week and consider calling tech support if I can't make any headway. I'll also give Zed's a try but my windows install is older and I have so many USB controllers and hubs to poke through until I find the correct one. Because my problem is constant and not intermissive I think the solution may be something else. It's worth trying though.

You might try a USB 2.0 port if possible as well. Even though it's supposed to be fully backwards compatible, some 3.0+ controllers don't get along with some 2.0 devices.

You might try a USB 2.0 port if possible as well. Even though it's supposed to be fully backwards compatible, some 3.0+ controllers don't get along with some 2.0 devices.

Thank you thank you thank you. I only have USB3 and 3.1 on the back of my PC but just going and trying a different 3.0 port did the trick for some reason. My Mobo's usb is wonky at times and I don't even touch the 3.1 ports... Thanks ASUS... Hopefully the fix sticks.

Thank you thank you thank you. I only have USB3 and 3.1 on the back of my PC but just going and trying a different 3.0 port did the trick for some reason. My Mobo's usb is wonky at times and I don't even touch the 3.1 ports... Thanks ASUS... Hopefully the fix sticks.
You don’t have to, in device manager just go through the menus and sort by device connection. Then you only turn off power management for that hub.

I have this issue also,

USB audio randomally stops, FIFO buffers empty. only fix is a power cycle to the unit.

can last 2-3 days fine, sometimes it happends every few minutes.

not sure what is the cause... I doubt it's FPGA logic/timing problems like read from empty/write to full latch .. since most poeple dont have this poroblem.

is there anyway to read status registers for the UART pipeline via terminal ?

I will add that I have also not seen this issue since updating the power manager settings for the controller.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue more often since the Cygnus update?
This used to happen to me once or twice a month, but now it's happening every time I turn on the Axe. Sometimes 5 minutes into the session, sometimes a few hours in.

I checked the USB power management suggestion, but that option was already unchecked for me. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom