Windows 10 Kills For Audio

ps43203

Experienced
I just wanted to let everyone know that Windows 10 is a hit for audio. Smoother than anything windows
has released prior. I installed on a old Dell E6500, and it runs like a champ. If you are having an issues
with drivers and the like, just use windows 8.1 versions and you should be fine. Rock On!

I just wanted to let everyone know that Windows 10 is a hit for audio. Smoother than anything windows
has released prior. I installed on a old Dell E6500, and it runs like a champ. If you are having an issues
with drivers and the like, just use windows 8.1 versions and you should be fine. Rock On!

Same experience. Actually 7 was also very good but I've experienced problems (stuttering, pops, clicks etc.) with 8.1 so annoyingly often.

The general consensus has been if you're on 7, do the upgrade if you have the time and money and when you get around to it. If you're on 8, make the upgrade a high priority.

Reactions: J.C
Did you guys upgrade to 10 or did you do a fresh install? I've been on 7 as my main and 8.1 as a test on a VM. I don't want to have to deal with transferring licenses for all my software but I prefer installing an OS from scratch.

To the OP, what is your experience after the upgrade as far as your other softwares' compatibility?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Cubase 7.5 is not good with Windows 10. So i will wait.
I'm using Cubase 7 on a Windows 8.1 computer.

How is your Cubase 7.5 incompatible with Windows 10? What problems are you having?

This is why I have held off on upgrading.

Once again, Microsoft screwed the world with its Windows 10 feature called Wi-Fi Sense. This nasty feature has serious legal implications for it will automatically connect your personal Wi-Fi network to anyone in your e-mail list using HotMail, Skype, or Outlook, and even Facebook, making those friends questionable. If any such person comes within range of your home Wi-Fi, they could secretly access your system from hundreds of yards away.

The real problem with this is rather sinister.
Blog | Armstrong Economics | Forecasting the World

You do realize you "can" turn this off. Not sure how this screwed the world as much as it sounded like anti-Microsoft banter.

Yes, updated several boxes to 10 without issue... Sonar Producer X3 with PreSonous AudioBox 18VSL works and sound great!

MS nailed this deployment, very impressive for such an ambitious undertaking.

You do realize you "can" turn this off. Not sure how this screwed the world as much as it sounded like anti-Microsoft banter.

Did you not read?
and while Windows 10 supposedly allows you to opt-out, this setting is the default – they know what they are doing. The vast majority of people do not understand computers and they will be surrendering all rights to Microsoft without understanding what they have done.

If you're running a personal WiFi network, you should restrict it to using the MAC addresses of your own devices, and ONLY those devices, blocking all others. Simple, effective, end of story.

Once again, Microsoft screwed the world with its Windows 10 feature called Wi-Fi Sense. This nasty feature has serious legal implications for it will automatically connect your personal Wi-Fi network to anyone in your e-mail list using HotMail, Skype, or Outlook, and even Facebook, making those friends questionable. If any such person comes within range of your home Wi-Fi, they could secretly access your system from hundreds of yards away.

The real problem with this is rather sinister. The government would no longer need a search warrant for your surrendered privacy; good luck finding a judge who will uphold the rights that exist only in your imagination.

I just saw the new “Terminator” movie. The AI computer that decides to eliminate humankind begins as a system called “Genesis” with exactly the same profile – to connect you to everyone instantly. While I do not believe that we are dealing with such a creature, I do worry about the full Stalinistic powers this provides the government, as this will grant them access to hunt down anyone who dissents from their view. Suddenly, we all become the next Snowden since disagreeing with the government is now TREASON. Such powers are not necessary, and while Windows 10 supposedly allows you to opt-out, this setting is the default – they know what they are doing. The vast majority of people do not understand computers and they will be surrendering all rights to Microsoft without understanding what they have done. Why is Microsoft acting in such a hostile manner towards human rights?

This is still the Fractal forum, right? I haven't stumbled into the Above Top Secret forum have I? :ghost:

probably 1% actually do that, 5% at least know what you're talking about, and the other 94% will ask you "what if i don't own a mac, but have a pc?" :)

You're right; I was just looking for a link to explain this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address

MAC stands for media access control; it has nothing to do with Apple or Macintosh. It's a unique identifier for every device; no two are the same.

The idea is to allow your router, wifi hub or firewall to talk to only those devices you register; then no one can else can connect or steal your wifi.

Last edited:

The real problem with this is rather sinister. The government would no longer need a search warrant for your surrendered privacy; good luck finding a judge who will uphold the rights that exist only in your imagination.

I just saw the new “Terminator” movie. The AI computer that decides to eliminate humankind begins as a system called “Genesis” with exactly the same profile – to connect you to everyone instantly. While I do not believe that we are dealing with such a creature, I do worry about the full Stalinistic powers this provides the government, as this will grant them access to hunt down anyone who dissents from their view. Suddenly, we all become the next Snowden since disagreeing with the government is now TREASON. Such powers are not necessary, and while Windows 10 supposedly allows you to opt-out, this setting is the default – they know what they are doing. The vast majority of people do not understand computers and they will be surrendering all rights to Microsoft without understanding what they have done. Why is Microsoft acting in such a hostile manner towards human rights?

A bit of over-the-top fear-mongering with that post.

If your WiFi network is open, even without WiFi sense, you are vulnerable. End of story.

I have used an app on my phone that would connect to any and all open wifi networks automatically, in the background, for years now.

WiFi Sense isn't the problem, my friend, but rather ignorantly bypassing encrypting your home network.

I upgraded and my Apollo Quad works better than it did before. Not only that, all the stuff in my DAW works flawlessly. Huge fan of Win10 so far.

Back
Top Bottom