Windows 10 Axe-FX playback issue

bigswifty

Inspired
Since I've swapped up to Windows 10, I can't seem to use my Axe-FX as a primary playback device.

What I mean is; In 8.1, I could just right click and select my Axe-FX as the playback device allowing me to listen to music through my monitors and play along if I wanted.
In the playback device menu the Axe-FX is there, but if I select it as the playback device, nothing happens. It even reads the input as coming from my laptop, with no response on the Axe-FX meter.
I know this is probably more of a Windows 10 issue, but since we are unique with our niche device I thought I'd ask here :D

Has anyone else had this issue and/or found a solution?

Works flawlessly for me on all three of my Win10 devices (desktop, laptop and a Surface Pro 3). Did you try wiping and re-installing the driver?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "It even reads the input as coming from my laptop".

I believe I have wiped and re-installed the driver.

I mean that when the playback devices menu is open, and the Axe-FX is selected, the audio will still come from my laptop.

Sounds like the applications may be set to your laptop speakers. Check the I/O settings to see if you can change them to something like "Windows Default" or "Primary Sound Driver" instead. Then, when you change the default output device in Windows, the applications will send to that output.

It depends on wich DAW or other program you use on your PC ... Cubase still not recommend passing to W10 because of a lot of issues known and possibly occurring ... Maybe is that ?? I had a talk with few pc techs and always they told to not upgrade untill al least 1 year from the launch

Where under the I/O settings would I find this?
I skimmed through a couple times and couldn't find anything resembling what you said..

And Noriuky, it has nothing to do with the DAW. Only playback of music using the Axe as the driver.

I was having similar audio playback issues in Win10 when setting the AxeFx as my playback device. Turns out I had my laptop connected to a docking station and the USB going out from that. Once I connected the USB directly to a port on my laptop I was able to hear audio from my computer thru the AxeFx. Probably not going to help your situation but just thought I'd throw this out there.

I had to delete the Axe from my system and reinstall the drivers when I upgraded to 10. It initially worked on one of my USB ports, but not all of them. Once I did a fresh install, it works just like Windows 7 did.

Problem solved!

So for some reason in the past I'd forgotten that the USB driver for Fractal was actually a bundle.
So what happened was I *partially* uninstalled the driver(s).. Either 1 or 2 out of the 3 total included drivers.
I caught onto that yesterday and removed everything from my PC entirely, then re-installed the bundle and voila, I can now playback through my monitors via the Axe-FX again.

Hope this helps others with similar issues in the future :D
Thanks for all the input!

Back
Top Bottom